• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Fiji vs Portugal (08/10/2023)

I don't get the obsession with having ex women's players on the pundit panel, just like I'd not be arsed to see ex male players commenting on the women's games.
That's just rubbish if you look at Cricket Ebony Rainford-Brent, Isa Guha and Mel Jones all give excellent insight and commentary. Gender or even playing the game does not make you an excellent pundit. Never had dome and never will do.

I don't get the obsession with having ex women's players on the pundit panel, just like I'd not be arsed to see ex male players commenting on the women's games.

I can't get away with Gareth Thomas either after the stories around concealing his HIV status from a former

Representation.

I dont mind Maggi Alphonso, she genuinely contributes.

However I'd take all of them over Thomas, he has a long sordid history of scum baggery behaviour, in relationships, in public, in accusations to the police etc. I can barely stomache the guy, which is devastating as he was always my favourite Welsh player!

Nolli claimed Fiji got the win to get through... ffs.

I genuinely feel bad for her, shes clearly nervous, speaking fast, her mouth is dry, and she loses her train of thought.

I think the only pundit that hasn't shown their whole arse in all of ITVs coverage is Rory Best

(T-Minus 15 seconds to Olly and a lineout comment)

I guess BoD has been fine by dint of being very boring

Perfect feelgood result for all concerned. Fiji make the QF and Portugal finally break a their run of being close at 70mins against better sides, then falling short.

It is nuts that Portugal complete the group with a points difference of just -39 given their limitations in pack (and the length of time that players like Tadger played in every match). With Georgia and Australia not really turning up I think an argument could be made for this having been the weakeat group in the professional era, with the Samoa/Japan one being the second weakest ever.

I hope everyone enjoyed it because if reports are to be beleived then World Rugby are about to kill the potential for the development Portguese rugby until at least the mid-2030s and they will never play anyone inside the top 12 ranked nations between 2026 and the end of time (excluding RWCs). Half these players will probably have to go back to being dentists etc because the door marked "opportunity" is about to be slammed shut in their faces even more so than the horrific status quo.

I hope so. After watching tonight's game Portugal have a better attack than England. Can't say they've got a better defence as they've conceded more points, but for the physical disparity they were warriors tonight.
Indeed - the good news for Fiji is that this England side will show none of the skill or adventure Portugal brought to the table this evening.

I'm really not sure what to expect, but tonight's result doesn't mean Fiji should fear England.

Indeed - the good news for Fiji is that this England side will show none of the skill or adventure Portugal brought to the table this evening.

I'm really not sure what to expect, but tonight's result doesn't mean Fiji should fear England.

Really? Fiji were terrible tonight and awful last week. At what point do you see that them having to play their first XV is messing them up? We just need to stop playing two 10s.... easier fix

We are just keeping our powder dry, like really really dry. Not a molecule of water within 100m of our powder.

Latest posts