• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Japan vs Samoa (28/09/2023)

I fancy Japan for this one.....the only thing is their fitness drained visibly v England in the last 20 mins...which i didnt expect. If they can control that they can beat Samoa.

I like the way Japan play. They've not got back to how they were playing before covid, but you can see bits here and there at times. Hopefully it will click for them soon and they can start moving forward again. I'll go with a Japan win for this.

Last edited:
I guess a neutral might want Japan to win set up an elimination match next time against Argentina. I find both sides a bit dull and lacking any risk taking. Lemeki at fullback again with Matsushima on the wing, not great. My faith in Jamie Joseph's ability to deliver a QF miracle has died.

Samoa 16-13 Japan

Bold predictions for this match:

1) A penalty try will be awarded. Not saying for whom.
2) Japan will win by about 5 points.

My predictions also mean absolutely nothing because I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Galaxy brain tactics from Samoa, who have been awful at kicking for goal all tournament

Is it just the UK commentary that are bigging up this game as nothing more than getting 3rd and auto qualification for the next WC?

Both teams still have a shot at qualification if they win this. If Japan win its very much in their hands to go and beat Argentina. Ditto for Samoa they win and get something against England then they're through.

The former scenario seems more likely to me.

Admirable French restraint to wait until the 18th minute before the 'wave'. I feel like watching a RWC 2019 match to remember what Japan are capable of.

Samoa really need some points after all this possession in Japanese territory.

Latest posts