• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Samoa vs Chile (16/09/2023)

Would love to see moving forward the "A" team of Ireland touring South America (Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay and Brazil) in the next year or two. Genuinely believe that South America could see the biggest growth in the game in the next cycle between the world cups

Might be game of the round for neutral high scoring 50 to 20+ Samoa.

I liked what I saw from Chile in the Japan game. Good scrum half and full back but didn't watch it all. Will try and make sure I watch this one.

Samoa: 15 Duncan Paia'aua, 14 Danny Toala, 13 UJ Seuteni, 12 Tumua Manu, 11 Nigel Ah-Wong, 10 Christian Leali'ifano, 9 Jonathan Taumateine, 8 Steven Luatua, 7 Fritz Lee, 6 Taleni Seu, 5 Theo McFarland, 4 Chris Vui, 3 Michael Alaalatoa (c), 2 Seilala Lam, 1 James Lay

Replacements: 16 Sama Malolo, 17 Jordan Lay, 18 Paul Alo-Emile, 19 Sam Slade, 20 Jordan Taufua, 21 Ereatara Enari, 22 Lima Sopoaga, 23 Ed Fidow

Chile: 15 Inaki Ayarza, 14 Santiago Videla, 13 Domingo Saavedra, 12 Matias Garafulic, 11 José Ignacio Larenas, 10 Rodrigo Fernandez, 9 Marcelo Torrealba, 8 Raimundo Martínez, 7 Clemente Saavedra, 6 Martín Sigren (c), 5 Santiago Pedrero, 4 Pablo Huete, 3 Matias Dittus, 2 Tomas Dussaillant, 1 Javier Carrasco

Replacements: 16 Diego Escobar, 17 Salvador Lues, 18 Esteban Inostroza, 19 Javier Eissmann, 20 Alfonso Escobar, 21 Ignacio Silva, 22 Benjamin Videla, 23 Pablo Casas

I think Chile would have been closer on the scoreboard than 30 points against Japan last week if it hadn't been so hot. But then I also suspect the ANZAC Samoans are slightly stronger than Japan. So why not be lazy and pick the same score?

Samoa 42 - 12 Chile

As much as Leali'ifano, I don't agree with him playing for Samoa. I like the 3 year rule but there needs to be a cap limit. He played over 20 times for Aus which is a good few years

Theo MacFarland at tighthead lock is wild to me
I know he's played lock a number of times but he's a rangey backrower, you want his legs fresh

Theo MacFarland at tighthead lock is wild to me
I know he's played lock a number of times but he's a rangey backrower, you want his legs fresh
I'd swap him and luatua tbh, think Theo could be very good at 8
Fairly sure it was Vui scrummaging at tighthead last time they were paired together, regardless of shirt number.

Crazy part to me is that they have 6'8, 120kg Seu in the back row rather than McFarland; never mind Luatua.

Wild that Fritz Lee is still going. Very much remember him as a player from the days when Leinster and Clermont would Duke it out to see who'd lose Heineken cup finals. Feel those days are gone about 5-6 years.