• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Wales vs Portugal (16/09/2023)

Whoever it was that got the boot in or near the face, if you're going to go down, don't have a good think about it first because it makes you look like you're trying to get someone sent off.

**** Portugal wouldve held them if not for that kick.

Wales to jam their way to another semi where they will be comfortably dealt with by a proper side.

Straya could easily beat these flogs. But they will instead butcher it.

Falatau was the only stand out player that game , made a try saving tackle first half and got the bonus point. Lucky for us we had him playing otherwise a very different outcome. Embarrassing from Wales.

**** Portugal wouldve held them if not for that kick.

Wales to jam their way to another semi where they will be comfortably dealt with by a proper side.

Straya could easily beat these flogs. But they will instead butcher it.
South Africa only beat Wales by three points in the previous RWC semi, and even that winning penalty was ambiguous (AWJ "not rolling away" my backside).

So the commentary on itv says "and Portugal would have made some new friends in the rugby world" - 3,2,1 "Portugal, rugby 🤔". WRU "Can we play England for the 700th time this season please?"

Whoever it was that got the boot in or near the face, if you're going to go down, don't have a good think about it first because it makes you look like you're trying to get someone sent off.
It was upgraded so the officials had ultimately decided to upgrade it

It was Josh Adams and he's not one to simulate. I think there was a fair bit of shock of having a studs up boot to the face. I'm amazed he stayed up

It was upgraded so the officials had ultimately decided to upgrade it
Makes it even more pointless then really doesn't it. It's going to get picked up anyway so there's no need to act like that.

I didn't see it full speed but it seemed like you could see the cogs turning. Like initially nothing, then he decided he should, then shouldn't.

That unconvincing win was actually the worst outcome for Wales IMHO. If it was a big win, fair enough, but if Wales lost then it would actually encourage massive reform and change.
I don't think so , this will be a close run group I think a bonus point was essential, it will be a different team to face Australia and Georgia I actually think we might be out if we didn't get the BP there

So proud of lads they gave it all played well in defeat and they never got spanked

Id be amazed if Gatland went with that starting 15 against Georgia. It'll be the team that played Fiji
Not a chance , anscombe looked like a player that returning to international rugby just way off his best . We will need to field the strongest possible side from now on

Makes it even more pointless then really doesn't it. It's going to get picked up anyway so there's no need to act like that.

I didn't see it full speed but it seemed like you could see the cogs turning. Like initially nothing, then he decided he should, then shouldn't.
he got hit by studs near his eye. He was probably checking to see if he was bleeding.

I don't think so , this will be a close run group I think a bonus point was essential, it will be a different team to face Australia and Georgia I actually think we might be out if we didn't get the BP there
I am talking about the long-term. Of course, the start of a World Cup is no time to make big changes. (Similarly, look at how England kept Borthwick even after the home loss to Fiji).

Just getting the impression you are looking for it. He was kicked in the face in a red card event. He didn't need to simulate - he was trying to regather himself.

Latest posts