• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Scotland vs Tonga (24/09/2023)

Have to see a big performance from Scotland here, bonus points and a healthy score board is crucial if we are to take much out of this Tournament. Would start a similar team to the SA game, need to get these guys working together and seeing some return to build confidence.

I'd totally forgotten Scotland were were at this RWC. Probably best they stay under the radar.

Four changes from the game against SA. Harris and Steyn in for Jones and Graham suggests a more defensive minded approach for the first 40-60 given Tonga's physicality and the fact that it's a must not lose game for both sides. Horne, Jones and Graham off the bench when things open up more in the second half and tries are needed for the BP.

Scotland: B Kinghorn; K Steyn, C Harris, S Tuipulotu, D van der Merwe; F Russell, B White; R Sutherland, G Turner, Z Fagerson, R Gray, S Cummings, J Ritchie, R Darge, J Dempsey.

Replacements: E Ashman, P Schoeman, W Nel, S Skinner, M Fagerson, G Horne, H Jones, D Graham.

Seems white is the nailed on first choice scrum half. He is okay but he is milss behind Mitchell and Youngs on England's depth chart.

2019 was Tonwsend thinking Laidlaw was a good partner for Finn (an awful combination) and 2023 is Townsend not picking up on how well Horne has been improving Scottish performances.

Scotland 30 - 12 Tonga

Seems white is the nailed on first choice scrum half. He is okay but he is milss behind Mitchell and Youngs on England's depth chart.

2019 was Tonwsend thinking Laidlaw was a good partner for Finn (an awful combination) and 2023 is Townsend not picking up on how well Horne has been improving Scottish performances.

Scotland 30 - 12 Tonga
Have you ever said anything nice about a Scottish scrum half?

To my memory you've complained about every single one

Have you ever said anything nice about a Scottish scrum half?

To my memory you've complained about every single one
I have been singing Horne's praises for a couple of months. I also think Ali Price is okay.

Then I'm going back to Cusiter. :p

You were a big fan of Laidlaw too from memory…
Laidlaw would have been a world beater if he was English or South African, absolute top tier, so it was never anything personal. But its been my opinion Finn needs the absolute fastest ball possible at all times if he is to have a hope in hell in a Scotland shirt.

Laidlaw would have been a world beater if he was English or South African, absolute top tier, so it was never anything personal. But its been my opinion Finn needs the absolute fastest ball possible at all times if he is to have a hope in hell in a Scotland shirt.
Get Ready Movie GIF by NETFLIX

I'd love to see Scotland progress and even though I'm confident of a Scottish win, I really don't see them beating Ireland

Slowmo made that look like acrobatics - very good flip but didn't quite stick the landing

I only just looked at the stats and what Scotland would need to do to get out the group at this point , assuming a BP here today. Difficult difficult lemon difficult.