• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Scotland vs Romania (30/09/2023)

Horne and Healy need a shot at this IMO, have to give it full beans again from Scotland to get the 5 points.

Point difference might be a critical factor. Will be watching this. SA started well vs Romania but started to get too loose and rain didn't help but still a handy points tally racked up.

Scotland will get the 5 NP. Question is more a case of by how much you can inflate the win.

If it goes to PD, Scotland are out. They have to make up 109 points on Ireland or 73 + PD v Tonga on South Africa. You're looking at needing ~100 v Romania.

They'll rest players and win by about 50 I reckon.

If it goes to PD, Scotland are out. They have to make up 109 points on Ireland or 73 + PD v Tonga on South Africa. You're looking at needing ~100 v Romania.

They'll rest players and win by about 50 I reckon.
Certainly Scotland is in the weakest position having already lost to #2 in the pool.

I reckon beating Romania by ~100+ is about as doable as beating Ireland by 8+ and possibly even more so if the weather and their focus holds. I did not see any resistance from Romania whatsoever. Both would be monumental efforts though.

No big surprises, best to give everyone gametime and relieve a little of the cabin fever for some of them I'm sure too.

Interesting to see the Redpath/Harris combo, Cam is a strong carrier and quick, should mean a different shape compared to Huwipoloteu.

Healy getting a run at it as well, good chance for him to show what he can do as the 10 option, a good showing with the boot could get him game time v Ireland.

Good to see Watson again, hope he's recovered some form from the Lions.

Fucks sakes Healey, kick it off the bloody park