• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Fiji vs Georgia (30/09/2023)

There are no words for that. Horrendously sad situation that no parent should have to face.

Pretty much the definition of above and beyond the call of duty

I can't compute missing the funeral at all, but I'm not criticising as I know nothing about Fijian culture or the circumstances here. Just fervently hope he doesn't come to regret that decision over time.

There are no words for that. Horrendously sad situation that no parent should have to face.

I can't compute missing the funeral at all, but I'm not criticising as I know nothing about Fijian culture or the circumstances here. Just fervently hope he doesn't come to regret that decision over time.

That's a perfectly reasonable comment, unlike some of the vile stuff I've read on social media. Some people are criticising him for missing the funeral when they don't have any idea about the family or about the specific circumstances. I'm sure the Fiji team will rally around him and will have supported whatever decision he made. It's a very brave and courageous thing to do.

Here here.
This is what I wrote to my wife:
I don't think it's for anyone else to judge.

It could well be that the very last thing he needed was to sit in a plane for 20+ hours with nothing but the turmoil inside his own head.

It could be that he knew this was coming, had already said his goodbyes, and now needed his mates around him.

It could be that his national pride (and strong religion) are huge balms to this sort of pain.

From the outside, and my personal perspective, it's ****** up. But I it's really not for me to judge.

Latest posts