• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Fiji vs Georgia (30/09/2023)

Dickson must be the worst referee in this WC! So many headshots missed from the Fijians and that try from Georgia was never ever forward!! They love killing hopes for T2 nations, disgusting! Rugby will never grow like this!
They're both T2

Every head collision and reckless play this WC has made Curry's red look more and more ridiculous. I could have accepted it if it was part of a consistent rule to really come down hard on it but no, instead they randomly throw the rule book at Curry and throw it out for everyone else for things far more reckless and dangerous than what Curry did.

I'm sure it's been said, but cant scroll through the whole thread, but the worst thing about that forward pass decision is he could easily have just let the try in and then go to the tmo if he thought it was forward. Atrocious decision.

And yeah what the hell was he up to giving a second penalty to Georgia when they knocked on after taking it the first time. Trying to make amends? Wow.

Last edited:
Also, radradra needs to be dropped. For me he was the best player of the pool stages last World Cup but all this year (not just World Cup games) he has been a liability for fiji. They have better wingers and his performances in midfield have been really bad - welsh attackers just waltzed passed him all day for instance.

Also, radradra needs to be dropped. For me he was the best player of the pool stages last World Cup but all this year (not just World Cup games) he has been a liability for fiji. They have better wingers and his performances in midfield have been really bad - welsh attackers just waltzed passed him all day for instance.
Think Randrandra is a bit like BB, crowd favourite so hard to drop even if it's the right think to do.

Plays for Fiji and they're the current darlings of the tournament though so 🤷‍♂️
I'm really hoping that this result will make people chill out a bit. Loads of teams in the tournament have jumped from great performances to poor performances or bang average. After each one you get these super annoying takes and the hype train builds.

This group perfectly illustrates that. Wales are now world cup contenders after a great performance, itself after arguably a bit of luck against Fiji and looking rubbish against Portugal - Fiji look great for the first few weeks and then ride their luck a bit against a Georgia side who should be in the six nations apparently but who have also been the only team to lose to Australia, and convincingly at that.... And now naturally Australia are going to lose to Portugal....

Slow down

Is this due to fear of England knocking wales out at a later stage or just a general dislike of the English?
A little bit of both (though I would say English rugby team not the English as a whole) but it's mainly wanting to see Fiji progress. I'll be very happy if they totally outplay you and put 50 points on the scoreboard but the salty tears a dodgy referring performance will produce would be to delicious to turn down.

Sadly I think it'll be a relatively comfortable win for England.

A little bit of both (though I would say English rugby team not the English as a whole) but it's mainly wanting to see Fiji progress. I'll be very happy if they totally outplay you and put 50 points on the scoreboard but the salty tears a dodgy referring performance will produce would be to delicious to turn down.

Sadly I think it'll be a relatively comfortable win for England.
Fair play, what ever happens England have witnessed first hand what Fiji are capable of and have seen it continue in the pool stages, no excuses can be made for complacency or being blind sided.

1. Fiji will play England In a quarter not a semi.

2. I agree Radrada isnt a winger, he made the howler v Wales, cost Fiji that try v Aus because he didnt instinctively know the law, and on at least 3 occasions has been played into space only to turn in field and look for contact. However he is a quality player being coached poorly IMO.

3. Wales didnt play poorly against Portugal, they made 13 changes, the result was never in doubt AND went over the try line 3 times being chalked off. It was a bit clunky, but you expect that from a first performance from a very young 15.

group C has been fascinating IMO, people were incredibly disrespectful toward it pre RWC, but it's easily been the most entertaining group, no massive blow outs, tier 1 upset, drama and suspense. Aside from maybe 2 other matches this world cup could have been deemed a wash out without it thus far.

Incredible scenes at the end of the game, with Georgia almost having a chance of snatching it. Georgia fronting up physically and not backing down against Fiji, was incredibly impressive. A game of really two halves. Georgia can really be proud. They have come a long way. Happy Fiji won. It's about time they get some reward for all the hard work. Next game really is a mere formality unless the world gets turned upside down.

Tuisova was notified just hours before this game that his 7-year-old son had passed away after an ongoing illness. Awful awful news.

Well ****!

Pretty much the definition of above and beyond the call of duty

Latest posts