• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Ireland vs Romania (09/09/2023)

Overall I'm pretty impressed with Ireland's handling in the conditions. A good run out and a fit Sexton subbed, so job done.

Just hang in for 15mins Romania!

Lock getting bodied by a fullback,
Get him on the next flight back to Ireland

Simeonescu has had a tough time, but made a couple of great tackles. That was the parting of the Red Sea though sadly.

Think Ireland are building very nicely actually, looks to me like there are really trying to dial in that peaking.

Hansen looks a bit off it. Something to do with midweek beers and doing his best Cipriani by then offering Catt out.

Just ridiculous. Only here because of Spain fielding an ineligible player and it shows.

Was brilliant seeing them score the first try though, even if this is the biggest mismatch I've seen in ages.

Really can't complain. Massive respect to Romania too, takes some guts to take the field against that.

Hard to judge given the opposition but, first 15 mins nerves aside, looks like the rugby focused pre-season has helped - all players want to touch the ball and not necessarily to take it into contact.

Got more than a little smelly for Romania towards the end. They did defend like a bunch of players who hadn't played so much together due to experimentation. So some of that is self inflicted. Hopefully they can settle on selection and come onto a game a bit.

Excellent game in the conditions, but, there's always a but, the French TV presentation was utterly pathetic. When we had tackles going in, the build up to close action, brilliant close passing, the cameras was covering the entire park. Yet, after a try was scored, the recorded action was played back & plain to see the build-up to it, so why were the cameras mainly focused well away from the action in normal play. Both teams looked like a bunch of midgets 'til the director switched to the action, albeit after it had happened? Long distance viewing on a high speed, intricate rugby game, is a joke. Seeing where the ball was, was a joke. French presentation? Bah! As for the spider cam, now that is a joke.
Rant over.

Latest posts