• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Ireland vs Romania (09/09/2023)

can we call one forward pass from a guy standing still? Like there is a guy watching in a booth on TV just ******* call it.

Ireland are trying wayyyyyy too hard, it's like they're chasing the game or something
I bet Farrell is raging

I swear they gave into the "don't ever call anything" brigade. Breakdowns have guys flying in, the kicker gets taken out at every chase, and the TMO has been told to shut up.

The Irish are just straight cheating at the breakdown hey.

We do not mean anything in world rugby since early 90s (we last beat France in 1990 in Auch, Scotland in Bucharest in 1991), so all I want for us is to avoid being completely humiliated.
Some tough calls against you not helped but Romania keeping shape quite nicely for the most part. Some quality touches here and there.

Silly yellow going to cost you here though.

Earls played it on the ground there surely. I get that Ireland are a 100% certainty to win but you should probably ref the basics.

Straight into touch from the newly crowned (by ITV) "world's best fullback".

Ireland could have a lot more points but I don't get the impression they are playing for points difference as a tiebreaker, which surprises me.

Sexton wearing some wrist supports or something?. He has only himself to blame for taking an age to jog and ground the ball. No way the Romanian challenges if Sexton just smartly grounds it.

Credit to Romania for keeping it repsectable for a half and executing their set piece. Could easily get a bit ugly now though.

It seems that 2 tier reffing is again raising its ugly head.

By that I mean the tier 1 team gets a great deal of "benefit of the doubt" whereas the lower tier is reffed much harsher to the letter of the law

Don't get Earls bashing as he is having average game but Lowe having real poor game. Not to concerned about Earls and lads who are effectively doing job of getting us through this game but more the lads like Lowe, Furlong and that who are way off and will be there vs SA.
Aki really blowing a gap in battle with Henshaw for 12 jersey and JGP is doing same in 9 battle

Don't get Earls bashing as he is having average game but Lowe having real poor game. Not to concerned about Earls and lads who are effectively doing job of getting us through this game but more the lads like Lowe, Furlong and that who are way off and will be there vs SA.
Aki really blowing a gap in battle with Henshaw for 12 jersey and JGP is doing same in 9 battle
Can only hope that another 120 minutes of rugby against minnows will make us a little more cohesive.

Can only hope that another 120 minutes of rugby against minnows will make us a little more cohesive.
It's been nicely worked out so Ireland get 2 games to get into world cup mode before any real opposition

Not so any other tier 1 team

Commentary is dire, since when did sexton pioneer a kick to touch from a penalty, Jonny sexton things, honestly….

Latest posts