• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Ireland vs Romania (09/09/2023)

Crowley on the bench in interesting I suppose.

I feel like he's played everyone who covers two positions in two positions now. Some sort of prep for injuries I imagine.

Bold of you to bet on Romania beating the handicap.

Maybe I'm just getting in on the ground floor with the whole Ireland underachieving narrative. :p

What can I say. I think the coach is okay other than his selection policy. I also think some of the players are okay (mainly ones not in the starting XV). The pack should not disgrace itself despite the loss of veteran lock Macovei.

Simeonescu can be decent (although I've seen more of him at the wing) and Gontineac may help close the gap to under 65 in the final minutes.

Crowley on the bench in interesting I suppose.

I feel like he's played everyone who covers two positions in two positions now. Some sort of prep for injuries I imagine.
I think Crowley is agead of Ross now. Just get that feeling from warm ups. Ross is not a 22 either. Think he starts or nothing but equally think from warm ups the coaches just have Crowley in the #2 role now

Murray Kinsella article on 42.ie (can be found on twitter I believe) this morning suggests that Faz snr was unhappy with the professionalism of a/some player(s) last weekend in Biarritz. The article seems to infer that Hansen's non selection this weekend is a consequence.
This is the first time that I have heard any negative noise coming from the Irish camp. Hopefully it's nothing serious….

I don't think it was a case of lack of professionalism in the sense lads did a big error.
More lads need to keep focused and whether you play France/NZ/SA or Tonga/Romania/Namibia that the approach and application is the same.
A good message really that just because you aren't playing a Tier 1 team doesn't mean you dial in some parts.

Probably much Ado about nothing. Think Farrell needs to be careful with stuff like this to the media though, because it can grow legs from nowhere and while I doubt he's massively bothered I'm sure Hansen doesn't appreciate the rumors on the eve of his first world cup

Word on the street is we're going full whack for this one and will rotate for Tonga. Lines up with most other sides' approaches with the warm ups just that we're the only tier 1 side with a total gimme first up.

Romania look like one of the worst European qualifiers for years and I'd hope for us to beat the 62 point spread if we have a full strength team out.
Lucky to even be at the World Cup all thanks to Spain fielding an ineligible player and getting themselves disqualified.

I can see heavy losses in every game for the Romanians.

First set of anthems I have heard and now I know why everyone is complaining…

I am happy for those kids. It must be a great experience. But as a viewer, it's just awful to listen to.

National anthems should be filled with passion, emotion. A singer with a voice that carries through a stadium. And the music. It matters.

This is just very meh.

Latest posts