• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs Scotland - 12/08/23

I cannot see France winning the RWC unless their defence improves significantly. Scotland are good in attack but they aren't /that/ good.
Scotland are the 5th best side in the world. Probably the most isolated in terms of distance to teams better and worse than them. I don't think France struggling against them in warm ups is the end of the world. Maybe Scotland has closed the gap to the big 4.

Outta nowhere!

Are there no crowd mics or something? Zero reaction to that try

Scotland are the 5th best side in the world. Probably the most isolated in terms of distance to teams better and worse than them. I don't think France struggling against them in warm ups is the end of the world. Maybe Scotland has closed the gap to the big 4.
Im not just talking about these matches. They were only the third best defence in terms of points conceded at the 6N, 42 points more than the year before. Something is malfunctioning defensively.

Im not just talking about these matches. They were only the third best defence in terms of points conceded at the 6N, 42 points more than the year before. Something is malfunctioning defensively.
Edwards half time talk 'smash the *******, knock them backwards' must've been ineffective, if France under perform in the WC maybe he could replace SB for England.

Really good performance from Scotland, all told
There were 30 mins or so where France were unplayable but Scotland the better across the 80

Bit concerning for France that two weeks in a row that they've not been able to play consistently for more than a half of rugby, plus some brainless play by Fickou who is meant to be their big defensive leader

I'm not a fan of these friendlies, but how can you not tune in to watch these two teams. I rag on World Rugby but they deserve credit that the rules of the game allow sides that want to play with ambition and pace to compete near the top of the sport against sides stronger at the scrum and (in terms of Scotland) breakdown. Lovely stuff.

Not too unhappy with that. I don't think Berry had a good game.

Scotland scored 4 tries to 3, but for the conversions to go adrift.

Not a good result for a French A team

Latest posts