• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Freeze on very first screen

J

jamtheman

When you load up Rugby 08, theres a screen for a few secs/split second with a Black background and RUGBY 08 written with the logo, this is just before the EA Sports advertisement that comes up (the one with the voice "its in the game")

about 50% of the time my game stalls on this screen (before the rugby 08 one) and i cant even alt+tab to close it or alt F4 or anything, have to manually restart the computer :/

anyone have this or know how to fix it?

yeha i had this alot. i havnt had it for a while though.

I was able to ctrl shift esc and get the task manager up though.

yeha i had this alot. i havnt had it for a while though.

I was able to ctrl shift esc and get the task manager up though.
[/b]

iv tried ctrl alt delete and the mouse comes up in the background but the Rugby 08 screen stays up so i dont know what im doing
ill try ctrl shift esc next time it happens

i also have this problem, about once every 15 times i play it. I just have to turn the power off as it wont allow me to do anything

When you load up Rugby 08, theres a screen for a few secs/split second with a Black background and RUGBY 08 written with the logo, this is just before the EA Sports advertisement that comes up (the one with the voice "its in the game")

about 50% of the time my game stalls on this screen (before the rugby 08 one) and i cant even alt+tab to close it or alt F4 or anything, have to manually restart the computer :/

anyone have this or know how to fix it?
[/b]

Probably a video driver problem.

now i get a freeze at every loading screen before a match.

The loading bar freezes at the 75% mark, and when I hold ctrl+alt+delete and then alt+tab back to the game the load finishes and i can play. Weird, not too big a deal as it just takes a 5 second detour, but still weird.

random, have you tried a reinstall?
[/b]

nah
cant be bothered to reinstall, ill get by. Its only started happening the last few weeks, its like this bloody game was made so horribly that its performance deteriorates over freaking time

I have a freeze just about every time I play the game, it might happen two hours into gameplay though. Most frequently it'll happen in team management. Which isn't good, as I am a addictive squad man.

BM

Latest posts