• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Friday's Videos!

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 18 2005, 10:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Feb 18 2005, 10:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Feb 18 2005, 02:26 PM
You'll find a 28meg, 6 minute vid of the All Blacks v Australia at Telstra Stadium HERE

This movie too is also an AVI file, encoded with DiVX!
Thanks for the vid Locksley,

One thing I've noticed in the video is the AI seem to always kick the ball - they hardly ever run with it!! Is this true of most games or just this video?

Cheers [/b]
Watch the sharks v bulls, their is hardly any kicking in there.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 18 2005, 08:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 18 2005, 08:55 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Feb 18 2005, 06:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
You'll find a 28meg, 6 minute vid of the All Blacks v Australia at Telstra Stadium HERE

Well atleast someone listens to me
<
Ta bud.
Ok. That was pretty f***ing cool.

Gameplay seems fun, and the more I watch, the more I'm inclined to almost stop *****ing about the shock horror kicking into space bounces and the conversion/penalty kick (forward end-over-end or in this case, spirals???).

In JJ's vid, thought it was hilarious at about the 1:55 mark, the guy shouting, "Stay onside, onside you muppet!"

Broadcast view was almost enjoyable to watch, but from the Aus v NZ vid, my money will most likely be placed on Classic 2 (or whichever one switches behind the attacking side). [/b]
And did you hear that random singing at around 48 seconds. Sounds a bit like Waltzing Matilda.

Originally posted by umosay+Feb 18 2005, 09:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Feb 18 2005, 09:47 PM)</div>
Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 18 2005, 10:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley

Thanks for the vid Locksley,

One thing I've noticed in the video is the AI seem to always kick the ball - they hardly ever run with it!! Is this true of most games or just this video?

Cheers
Watch the sharks v bulls, their is hardly any kicking in there. [/b]
Erm I've just watched it and the AI kicks it 90% of the time - they only don't when they are near or in the oppositions 22.

The two best sides don't want to cough it up - do they?

Get territory and then...deliver with a run.

The computer AI (haven't seen this clip yet) might know they're in a contest?

Um....
<

I have downloaded DivX but cannot download it!!?

It tries to load up on Windows media Player and just stays on "Connecting" for ages - no buffering or anythin?

Any ideas anyone? ....dying here!!

Sorry....is downloading now...hopefully will work.

Thanks heaps kiwi king - **** that was quick!!

<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 19 2005, 12:57 AM
The two best sides don't want to cough it up - do they?

Get territory and then...deliver with a run.

The computer AI (haven't seen this clip yet) might know they're in a contest?
I agree but they are kicking it even when they are well into the opposition's 22 - they don't run once!!

Having said this I've just looked st the Blues V Chiefs game and the AI run it plenty of times there, esp in first half.

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 18 2005, 09:52 PM
And did you hear that random singing at around 48 seconds. Sounds a bit like Waltzing Matilda.
Out of all the clips, I noticed the crowd the most in this and they sounded great. Bit of singing, some dude had a kazoo or a tamborine or something, and as the All Blacks score -- they do shout a bit more though it quickly dies off to the 'normal' level of crowd excitation when they're in the 22.

Carter's conversion though is a shocker.

Could some1 who already played the game what happened in the ruck (1 minute and 16 seconds of the clip).A brumbies player catched the ball on the fly so they create a ruck but after a couple of seconds crusaders turn over the ball...Can u explain me if is possible to use hands in the ruck..thank u anticipating
Cheers!

Originally posted by Badboy@Feb 19 2005, 12:58 PM
Could some1 who already played the game what happened in the ruck (1 minute and 16 seconds of the clip).A brumbies player catched the ball on the fly so they create a ruck but after a couple of seconds crusaders turn over the ball...Can u explain me if is possible to use hands in the ruck..thank u anticipating
Cheers!
****Could some1 who already played the game explain me what happened

In my opinion after reviewing many of the videos, the AI definately kicks a high percentage of the time. (shudder as I remember the absolutely lame AI offensive attack of R2004).

Everything else looks fantastic..especially the tackles.

Originally posted by flanku@Feb 19 2005, 04:21 PM
In my opinion after reviewing many of the videos, the AI definately kicks a high percentage of the time. (shudder as I remember the absolutely lame AI offensive attack of R2004).

Everything else looks fantastic..especially the tackles.
Yea definitely - I recon the AI is always going to play the percentage game - kick for territory and only run it when there's a sniff of a try or an overlap.

Do you remember Locksey's short video entitled over lap? I thought that was really clever. The AI spot an over lap and run the ball from their 22. I think this shows the AI has a good idea of what is going on on the pitch and takes opportunities when they are presented to it. This should keep most players on their toes!

Has the video been removed JJ? Not letting me download for some reason... but could just be me!

They haven't been removed. I'll check to see if I can download them.

Edit - Odd. Must be my gay free server, I can't download them either.

It's highly inconsiderate of your server... just when i get on a decent connection as well! Never mind, will just have to wait for the uk release now... feel for u SH boys deeply, the wait is killing me!

Oh, I must've gone a few kb's over my limit. I've removed one of the Welsh videos, and now I'm uploading the Brumbies Crusaders video again now.

Originally posted by Badboy@Feb 19 2005, 12:58 PM
Cheers!
I pushed the right analog stick in and put a "hand in the ruck"! The ref didn't spot it that time! Watch the vid again, I try it twice more after that, both times I get penalised for it!

Latest posts