• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fullback?

M

Mr. Laxative

When I've been playing the game the fullback comes into the attacking line very rarely. Inside my 22 he's there ready to send the ball sailing, but when i'm well in attack he is nowhere to be seen. Is this the same for everybody? Also with dangerous tackles I got a yellow card for a late spear tackle which started a fight. I was not sent off for fighting but for dangerous tackle.
<

the fullback ment to stay back even when ur team is attacking. He only comes into play after line out play or scrum play (i think)

i feal the fullback doesnt get involved enough in the game. i play as SA so i need monty to clear the ball with some huge touchfinders.... but..... hes nowhere to be seen.... matfield ends up with the ball and kicks 10m into the arms of the defence.....
<

I usually make sure my FB is either fast or strong, as I don't like to kick away posession much.

When the ball is kicked to him I normally try to make an angled break going for the space if he is fast, or if he is strong I normally field a kick in the RL style - head down and try to burst the first tackler for an few extra yards.

Originally posted by Padz@Mar 23 2005, 07:14 PM
the fullback ment to stay back even when ur team is attacking. He only comes into play after line out play or scrum play (i think)
ummmmmmm.......no!

the fullback attacks and makes the extra man in the backline

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Mar 23 2005, 09:11 PM
Does anyone use the Mark button?

Just wondering.
just tap it...and if any one in your team catches it its a mark!

Originally posted by Black|Raven+Mar 23 2005, 09:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black|Raven @ Mar 23 2005, 09:08 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Padz
@Mar 23 2005, 07:14 PM
ummmmmmm.......no!

the fullback attacks and makes the extra man in the backline [/b]
meh, my bad

Originally posted by Rugby game fan@Mar 23 2005, 10:05 AM
I usually make sure my FB is either fast or strong, as I don't like to kick away posession much.

When the ball is kicked to him I normally try to make an angled break going for the space if he is fast, or if he is strong I normally field a kick in the RL style - head down and try to burst the first tackler for an few extra yards.
Same here. Starting a counter-attack with Jason Robinson is so much fun....

Scored a brilliant try running with Pepito Elhorga against England that way. I just kept watching his shimmy to get past robinson over and over again.