• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

G1 jockey 4 - March?

N

NZL Fan

Sounds like this will be the horse racing game of choice for me this year (gone off SIDHES effort after major release delay and bad taste left after RL2).

For me G1 jockey has always been the more fun, addictive, and most realistic actual horse "racing" game, whilst gallop racer has had the better/more indepth options with breeding etc.

However with breeding in the new g1 jockey this might all change.............

Check it out at:

http://www.gamesman.co.nz/product.php?id=5642

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Feb 2 2006, 09:05 AM
Sounds like this will be the horse racing game of choice for me this year (gone off SIDHES effort after major release delay and bad taste left after RL2).

For me G1 jockey has always been the more fun, addictive, and most realistic actual horse "racing" game, whilst gallop racer has had the better/more indepth options with breeding etc.

However with breeding in the new g1 jockey this might all change.............

Check it out at:

http://www.gamesman.co.nz/product.php?id=5642
well i have been dying to reply to this thread...been busy on the RC2006 thread

I agree that Sidhes poor effort of scheduling and sarcastic approach to the hard critics of RL2, have made me feel less interested in any of their products

G1 Jockey has the best racing dynamics, and with breeding hopefully will match GR in features

GR was just too damn addictive going for the Dream Cup and GWS G1's

Cant wait for this, and as for MCC/FDR, well, its Sidhe, its WETA Digtal, and they cant put fluid fun and look on the same screen...

I'd be surpised if the local boys can even match G1 Jockey 1.

But being a locally based horse game, i'll still consider it....i just love randwick, in fact i love aussie tracks n races..........heck i punt on them week in week out

What do you think about the new control system??

From gameplanet.co.nz..............

G1 Jockey 4 features an all-new analogue control system that uses the PS2's analogue sticks to simulate reins. Holding the reins in one hand while using the whip with the other, pacing yourself for a last burst of power in final stretch, or using both hands to make small adjustments to your course, are all possible with this new control system.

The controller add-on clips over both analogue sticks on the PS2 controller. This will then enable players to co-ordinate analogue stick movements much more precisely and thus gain an even greater level of control over their horse.

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Feb 2 2006, 01:25 PM

G1 Jockey 4 features an all-new analogue control system that uses the PS2's analogue sticks to simulate reins. Holding the reins in one hand while using the whip with the other, pacing yourself for a last burst of power in final stretch, or using both hands to make small adjustments to your course, are all possible with this new control system.

The controller add-on clips over both analogue sticks on the PS2 controller. This will then enable players to co-ordinate analogue stick movements much more precisely and thus gain an even greater level of control over their horse.
yeah dude i just read that at GP site

its awesome, and i bet something sidhe cant do, given their control issues

if implemented well, this will be the ultimate simulater for horse genre

this controller clip thingy, more ground breaking stuff

i am 100% getting this game...........no questions............i just gotto see this new controller thing............it may be a revolution!!

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 2 2006, 02:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 2 2006, 02:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ride The Cliche
@Feb 2 2006, 01:25 PM

yeah dude i just read that at GP site

its awesome, and i bet something sidhe cant do, given their control issues

if implemented well, this will be the ultimate simulater for horse genre

this controller clip thingy, more ground breaking stuff

i am 100% getting this game...........no questions............i just gotto see this new controller thing............it may be a revolution!! [/b]
<
<
\

AK is back talking sense again!! thank christ for that...

yes, this racing game looks the shizzle...

I sold gallop Racer 4...soooooooooooo, quite missing some horsey races and bets again - bring it on!!!

See this is why I am not buying RC2006 (5?) - becos I'd rather spend the money on a great game like this promises to be and then get rugby 06...why have two rugby games and only play one at the expense of another solid ***le?

makes no sense...lol!

That analogue set-upthingee sounds AWESOME though!!

Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

<

racing:
<
<
<

EA06:
<
<
<
<

WCR2:
<
<
<
<
<
<

Hey RTC

have u heard of the the new gallop racer aswell

check this site out

http://pub18.ezboard.com/bgallopracerseries

there's multiple threads of each horse racing game and upcoming ***les

we have 3 horse racing games this year

all seem to be very good indeed

some feedback of the new gallop racer is available........all very good

and some nice picks of the G1 jockey..........looks quiet sharp. :bravo:

of course theres some backlash towards sidhe for their lack of public relations, and these guys just want information.........which is like blood out of stone with FDR........ :wall:

but we all in for a good 2006.........3 horse sims........2 rugby games...next gen...i mean F*** its going be a good year on my ass, hitting buttons. :bleh!:

nice...

cant wait for the next installment, G1 Jockey 3 was mint so add to that formula & you've got a winner, really like the breeding aspect of the game- nothing better than having your own horse winning G1's

Latest posts