English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Spoilers spoilers spoilers
Only read this thread if you're fully up to date with the TV series as it airs on TV
If episodes get leaked online before they're aired then don't discuss here

I just rewatched episodes 9 and 10 of the last season, I'd forgotten so much - like Arya cropping up at the twins!
So excited now

Yea, same here. Won't stay up till 02:00 but will Sky+ it and watch it tomorrow evening.

Great first episode to start s7. Loved the prologue.

Yeah I hated the Sheeran bit,
Would've been OK if he was just an actor but forcing a song in there was a bit much

Would've been OK if he was just an actor but forcing a song in there was a bit much
And the way he said "It's a new one" as if it was about to be followed up by "which can be found on my new album 'Deluxe,' in stores now" was some of the worst writing and delivery that the show has ever undergone. It's the way every one of his lines seemed so forced and he was in angle for every shot. The whole scene just bugged me.

I was just surprised Ayra didn't murderlise him for being a Lannister, not sure what the point of the scene was.

Apart from the opening it was a bit of a 'meh' episode. Dany finally arrives at Westeros at the most heavilly defendable keep in 7 Kingdoms, and nobody is there since Stannis left....her taking it would of been a real show of power.

Jon and Sansa look ready to knife one another for power.

Euron turns up and thinks he's Captain Jack Sparrow.

I mean its okay the first couple of episodes will be about getting pieces in place anyway....

I was just surprised Ayra didn't murderlise him for being a Lannister, not sure what the point of the scene was.

I think it's a set-up scene of how Arya is going to get close to Cersei, now that she's befriending some of her knights...

Apart from the opening it was a bit of a 'meh' episode. Dany finally arrives at Westeros at the most heavilly defendable keep in 7 Kingdoms, and nobody is there since Stannis left....her taking it would of been a real show of power.

I loved the episode, it had everything in it. There isn't any Baratheon's left is there? Who would've taken over the castle?? You heard what Jon Snow said, I think the same would have applied to the Dragonstone Castle. And Jamie did say to Cersei that she is the queen of only 3 kingdoms...

Jon and Sansa look ready to knife one another for power.

That is Littlefinger with his sneaky plot, and it seems like Sansa knows what he's up to and that she's going to use him. I think it was more of a sibling rivalry than anything else.

Euron turns up and thinks he's Captain Jack Sparrow.

Well, the Greyjoy's are known for their ships...

I mean its okay the first couple of episodes will be about getting pieces in place anyway....

That's why Khaleesi said "shall we begin".

Agreed. It also sounded really sh*t.

Loved the start/prologue with Arya with the Greyjoys. Absolutely fan-f*cking-tastic.

I thought the Arya/Lannister's scene was setting her up to soften up a bit.
She still thinks westeros is the same as when she left, everyone in Lannister colours is evil and out to slaughter her, her family, and her friends.
Now she's seeing that the soldiers are dead and replaced by regular kids - fishermen, farmers, people fighting other people's wars.
Think it's a similar concept to the speech the Priest/Monk gives to the Hound.
I wouldn't be surprised to see her turn around halfway to Kings Landing and head north to her family reunion instead.

Problem there Olyy is the entire Arya becomes an Assassin plot has no payoff then. Also it makes Jamie the last person likely to kill her (won't be Tyrion).

On Dragonstone:
It may have been Bratheon lands before but they've not had a lread in how long now? If the keep of your enemy which has reputation for being incredibly defendable is empty you bloody well take it for yourself. I suspect the budget didn't cover for a major battle this early on they've omitted stuff before like that because they just can't afford it.

She still thinks westeros is the same as when she left, everyone in Lannister colours is evil and out to slaughter her, her family, and her friends.
Now she's seeing that the soldiers are dead and replaced by regular kids - fishermen, farmers, people fighting other people's wars.
I wouldn't be surprised to see her turn around halfway to Kings Landing and head north to her family reunion instead.
The way Arya is now though I could just as easily see it as a plan to befriend them and gain their trust before killing one of them and wearing their face in order to get close to Cersei.

I think people are being a bit OTT on the Sheeran bit FFS. (Not so on here but other platforms. It wasn't a standout but I could see the point of the scene).

I mean he didn't ruin it, people are hating just becuase it's a celeb cameo IMO. (And this is from someone who isn't a fan of his).

I think people are being a bit OTT on the Sheeran bit FFS. (Not so on here but other platforms. It wasn't a standout but I could see the point of the scene).

I mean he didn't ruin it, people are hating just becuase it's a celeb cameo IMO. (And this is from someone who isn't a fan of his).
It's because he's a ginger init?

That's a bit deep. Why can't you be this insightful when you talk about rugby?

The way Arya is now though I could just as easily see it as a plan to befriend them and gain their trust before killing one of them and wearing their face in order to get close to Cersei.
Problem there Olyy is the entire Arya becomes an Assassin plot has no payoff then. Also it makes Jamie the last person likely to kill her (won't be Tyrion).
Both good points

It's exciting going into this blind,
Up until this point if it wasn't in the book you could at least confidently guess (Jon resurrection, r+l=j) but now there's so much unanswered

I just think he was an unneeded distraction and didn't really add anything after he had sung his song.

Latest posts