• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gamepro review scanned (big scans)

G

Gay-Guy

Guest
Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 22 2005, 01:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 22 2005, 01:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Sep 22 2005, 10:27 AM
League is looking very good indeed

But i have one gripe that is terrorising my mind

The camera angles

It is imperative to get a good camera angle...especially from the side

Rugby League 1 failed in this BIG TIME
I wouldn't worry too much, from what I understand RL2 has got more numerous camera angles than any other Rugby game out... apparently they went to great lengths to assure that people would be able to play using a view that best suited them. [/b]
Thanks bro! I could kiss you but you are in Aussieland.

Go Ma ri o!
 
A

ak47

Guest
Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 22 2005, 01:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 22 2005, 01:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Sep 22 2005, 10:27 AM
League is looking very good indeed

But i have one gripe that is terrorising my mind

The camera angles

It is imperative to get a good camera angle...especially from the side

Rugby League 1 failed in this BIG TIME
I wouldn't worry too much, from what I understand RL2 has got more numerous camera angles than any other Rugby game out... apparently they went to great lengths to assure that people would be able to play using a view that best suited them. [/b]
from the FAQ

What camera angles will be available in Rugby League 2?

All the original cameras in Rugby League will once again be available in Rugby League 2. In addition to the original camera, there are new camera options including one that is much closer to the ingame action.


I hope you're right Sanzar, but I am not as optimistic, based on the FAQ

I hope these 'extra options' incorporate the side-cam and not ONLY the default madden cam
 
G

Gay-Guy

Guest
The key is whether you can adjust (customise) the cams.

Many a game has had fans appeased by allowing them to set their cams to their preferences.
 
C

CeeJay

Guest
Can anyone explain to me how this game has been reviewed when it does not even have a release date. If the game is not finished how can any review be credible. What they say about the game is good, but how can you believe what they are saying about franchise mode for instance, how could they know unless they have been playing the final build for atleast weeks, and if they are playing it why arent we. 9 out of 10?? if its that good why isnt it released? madden didnt even get 9 out of 10 this time around so I am scepticle about this. Can anyone enlighten me?

Dont get me wrong either, I think the game will be great but I just dont get whats going on with this review, which is obviously backed up by sidhe, it just seems weird.
 
A

ak47

Guest
Originally posted by CeeJay@Sep 22 2005, 02:49 PM
Can anyone explain to me how this game has been reviewed when it does not even have a release date. If the game is not finished how can any review be credible. What they say about the game is good, but how can you believe what they are saying about franchise mode for instance, how could they know unless they have been playing the final build for atleast weeks, and if they are playing it why arent we. 9 out of 10?? if its that good why isnt it released? madden didnt even get 9 out of 10 this time around so I am scepticle about this. Can anyone enlighten me?

Dont get me wrong either, I think the game will be great but I just dont get whats going on with this review, which is obviously backed up by sidhe, it just seems weird.
nobody knows anything

call the CIA...........u'll get the same result

or try asking the moon - he may even talk

apparantly the review is of the full build - u cant review an early build

apparantly it was only delayed due to online feature - not gameplay, so i guess the review stands, as an early build, coz online isnt required when reviewing gameplay

**** i have contradicted myself, and said apparantly twice

i am as confused as you ceejay

the only thing we know
No release date is set
sidhe are currently extra busy, which i guess justifies our confusion, triggered by their lack of PR, coz of in-house workload, or something

thats it

just reading this back to myself - my worst post of all time, but i will commit and submit.........**** i am confused............i should go home
 
W

woosaah

Guest
how do you know if its due to the online feature, if its just due to that wouln't they tell us?

i would hope they would

its not a bad post btw ak
 
C

C A Iversen

Guest
Just chipping in to say that I support Gay-Guy and Ak47 with their views on game camera views. Nothing tops JLR for ease of viewing the sport, "side-cam til the 22" is just so easy to view the depth of whats going on. I think some people seem to say JLR was not the best rugby game ever, (I disagree), but it definetely had the best camera view. Try looking a R2005 on a smaller tv, it's impossible, thank god I have a large widescreen!

The more voices they hear, the more likely a change for the next installment will be!

(This post refers to both rugby and league).
 
A

ak47

Guest
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Sep 23 2005, 12:23 PM
Just chipping in to say that I support Gay-Guy and Ak47 with their views on game camera views. Nothing tops JLR for ease of viewing the sport, "side-cam til the 22" is just so easy to view the depth of whats going on. I think some people seem to say JLR was not the best rugby game ever, (I disagree), but it definetely had the best camera view. Try looking a R2005 on a smaller tv, it's impossible, thank god I have a large widescreen!

The more voices they hear, the more likely a change for the next installment will be!

(This post refers to both rugby and league).
i gotto admit

i stopped playing Rugby 2005 after about 1 months of heavy playing

then i got my new widescreen TV...............and Rugby 2005 was re-incarnated

it wasnt a 2nd wind

but a whole new ball game, and i deadset loved it............now the FB isnt houdini!!!

i find it hard to divulge that rugby league isnt widescreen, and just prey they have the side-cam more similar to JLR or Rugby 2005, than the first RL1
 
Top