• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gareth Thomas was close to suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Dawkins talking about himself there? ;)
Love this.

I've not even heard of anyone who's met Dawkins that hasn't wanted to catapult him into the sun.
Two of my lecturers at Uni worked with him at one point or another and they f***ing hated the guy - my evolutionary biology lecturer spent a good 20mins of one lecture just going on about how he's the foulest most loathsome creature on this planet.

Just to go completely off topic, I don't agree with that statement or your one above about homophobia being down to religion. There's always going to be bigots no matter what of course some people do bad things in the name of religion but it's the same with things like politics. Communism isn't innately evil but look what happened in the USSR. Basically I'm trying to say that blaming religion alone is pretty much a cop out imo.

I am inclined to agree.

Nearly all idealogies can be used to fuel suffering; fear and hatred of the other are human characteristics than crop up all over the place; and most conflicts come down to resource scarcity.

Nearly all idealogies can be used to fuel suffering; fear and hatred of the other are human characteristics

The Abrahamic religions particularly because they expressly encourage those feelings.

The Abrahamic religions particularly because they expressly encourage those feelings.

I'm not going to agree with that being singled about and that's all I'm going to say about it.

Excuse me boyos. This isnt supposed to be a thread about religion. Can we get it on topic please

its my thread so how about no

yoda-senses-internet-tough-guy.jpg

XtBxvEC.gif

But seriously, its a fairly simple request I'm making. If not then the thread might just get closed.

Last edited:
Just to go completely off topic, I don't agree with that statement or your one above about homophobia being down to religion. There's always going to be bigots no matter what of course some people do bad things in the name of religion but it's the same with things like politics. Communism isn't innately evil but look what happened in the USSR. Basically I'm trying to say that blaming religion alone is pretty much a cop out imo.

Yes it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts