• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GEARS of WAR

Gamespot gave it 9.6/10. I think thats joined top score with GTA: San Andreas on the ps2. They never normally give such a high score.

yeah the scores are off the charts

i am still reserved as i heard single player is only approx 5-7 hrs long, and then the replay value is minimal without online.

i am thoroughly enjoying splinter cell double agent anyways at the mo

My mate sold his 360 to fix his car. Now he's seen screenshots of GOW, he's going to buy another 360.

I hate this time of year. Too many good games, and I need them all... and PES and Tiger are so time consuming!

I highly recommend Splinter Cell: DA - finished it recently, but I don't think I'll go back and re-do any of the levels.

one of my friends in the US was a tester for this game and he wouldn't shut up about while he was testing it. epic don't make bad games, defintely worth a purchase if you have a 360

Oh yeah flatmates getting his copy early cos he's the boss, looking forward to seeing GOW in action

got this game yesterday....eb games believe it or not.......89 bucks aus cos i said that jb hi fi had it for that price... suckaz........ duck/hide controls are bit fidgety and take a bit of gettin use to... grenades are hard to master........gun fights are f***in rapid and the graphics for the gameplay look like the wickedest cut scene graphics u've seen.... saw that gamespot gave it 9.6 same as san andreas but have to say when i first played gta sa i could not put that f***er down......now in my opinion if this game was equal to gta:sa i would not be on the net.....ya dig...

I saw GOW on GamerTV not so long ago and I was very impressed with its tactical engine, graphics, and style of play.

I just can't wait to play this baby when I get a 360.

hey anyone know if you still get the mission achievements if you help in someone else's game?

the online co-op is awesome

hey anyone know if you still get the mission achievements if you help in someone else's game?

the online co-op is awesome
[/b]

not sure dude... am frustrated that u have to restart when one u die.... and i keep gettin **** partners....
but what a f***in wicked game hey... i played cod 2 today and the graphics look like ps2 compared to g.o.w

yes i was bored yestrday and bought this beast

i am impressed........its deadset the most smoothest shooter i have ever played

the tactical shooting is brilliant

but they need more strategy - every corner is a firefight fest

needless to say this is the 1st shooter i have played since goldeneye, where i will go around more than once

that 1st berserker thingy scared the **** outta me........i have had shaking hands since the DOOM days

INTENSE

yes i was bored yestrday and bought this beast

i am impressed........its deadset the most smoothest shooter i have ever played

the tactical shooting is brilliant

but they need more strategy - every corner is a firefight fest

needless to say this is the 1st shooter i have played since goldeneye, where i will go around more than once

that 1st berserker thingy scared the **** outta me........i have had shaking hands since the DOOM days

INTENSE
[/b]

hahahaha yeah i know what u mean bout that berserker.... the sound is wicked and keeps u so tense huh.... 1 bad thing for me.. are the chainsaws online......... so glitchy.... its like they have a vacuum effect

i finished this thing on casual already

not too happy about that

i knew it was short, i guess its my own undoing

however for the first time since goldeneye, i want to go thru a shooter more than once

i have started on hardcore - now what BS

the difference between hardocre and casual is crazy........i am on the last chapter with the beserker in hardcore..........it took me a lil over 9 hrs to finish the game on casual............i am stacking up on 3 hours already in hardcore and havent even done the 1st act.

And let me tell you, its different per difficulty

on casual u could grenade the doors down when u lure the berserker out
on hardcore, u need to play chicken with the beast, stand by the door and move last moment and have him knock it down

after 10mins trying this @ midnight....it was too intense........i had to go to bed.....with the light on :p

they need to make a blend of gears of war and god of war

the strategy n thinking of god of war
with the firefight gameplay of gears of war

now that would be an epic

i got this game...and in my opinion this shits on halo..

love it..

the graphics look beautiful!

love the tactical thingy..

reminds me of killzone..

Bought this game yesterday and just started to play it, and well it is immense, I love it...

Got a headache from playing it, as I have been on it since 6am and only just having a break, need to renew my xbox live subscription tho so i can get the most out of it...

It is the most intense game I have played for a while, it is so good with alot of great firefights, and I love the Chainsaw!

Oh and the Beserker, dam that ******* hit me a few too many times!

I have just finished the second act, it took me an age to negotiate the night levels. I hated the dam Kryll.

Is this any good online, as I seriously considering putting effort into wireless gaming for my 360.

BM

Flatmate and I finished it with co-op, awesome game. I too would like to hear how it goes online, as will be getting xbox live going soon...

Flatmate and I finished it with co-op, awesome game. I too would like to hear how it goes online, as will be getting xbox live going soon...
[/b]

xbox live is wicked... real addictive....... you play up to 4 players vs 4.... there is no deathmatch and not too much variation of game type... but it seriously is hella fun.... its easily the best xbox live game at the mo....

Latest posts