• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

General question about Premiership teams

M

moonnerd

I have only recently become interested in Rugby. I follow Premiership football, and kept being exposed to rugby through reading Sky Sports, BBC Sports, and football radio shows.

With rugby I have mainly been interested in England's national team, but now I want to learn more about the club teams. I am looking for a team to follow with interest, and was wondering if you could give general reputations of some of the quads that would help me sort them out. Also, are there any with a following in the United States? Fulham (football) has an active fan base in America and that helps me follow them. I'm sorry for such a vague question.

thanks for any help.

There have been US players in the Premiership before, such as Dan Lyle who played for Bath a few years ago and i think Hercus also played but there aren't that many US players who play these days.

Mike McDonald (plays prop in front of the scrum) plays for Leeds Carnegie i think.

Ngwenya (the winger who burned Habana) is moving to Saracens i hear so there may be a fanbase developing around him at some stage. I don't think he has made his debut yet.

There have been US players in the Premiership before, such as Dan Lyle who played for Bath a few years ago and i think Hercus also played but there aren't that many US players who play these days.

Mike McDonald (plays prop in front of the scrum) plays for Leeds Carnegie i think.

Ngwenya (the winger who burned Habana) is moving to Saracens i hear so there may be a fanbase developing around him at some stage. I don't think he has made his debut yet.
[/b]

I am curious about Ngwenya. Should be interesting if he does move

this is a bit off-topic, but is he also a radiologist????

I've heard reports from different sources that he was studying while in the US and that he is a practicing radiologist! Big diff there I think....

Pretty cool, if he does have his md - pretty inspirational that guys like Jannie Du Plessis and Felipe Contepomi have their MD's and are test players.

Latest posts