• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team to follow.

Snettod

Academy Player
Hi all.
I'm very new to Rugby, just started my own team in Blackout Rugby, but very excited and interested in the sport.
My problem is that I'd like to follow a good Rugby Club, but it seems to be very hard to find them. It has to be Rugby Union, a Club (not national team), and an official app for the phone.
Any good advice would be appreciated.
A team from England or Scotland would be nice... or NZ or Australia.

Cheers !

Never heard of any club having an official app. If you find one then you'd have to choose that club based on your criteria.

Edit: searched Leinster app and they have one. So maybe others do too. Not NZ teams though

The Sm
Hi all.
I'm very new to Rugby, just started my own team in Blackout Rugby, but very excited and interested in the sport.
My problem is that I'd like to follow a good Rugby Club, but it seems to be very hard to find them. It has to be Rugby Union, a Club (not national team), and an official app for the phone.
Any good advice would be appreciated.
A team from England or Scotland would be nice... or NZ or Australia.

Cheers

OK, thx. This is so weird. I follow a few football teams, two hockey teams, and two NFL-teams. They all have apps. I know, apps aren't the most important thing in the Universe, but they make following favourite teams so much easier and fun. I wonder why Rugby teams rarely make apps...

I wonder why Rugby teams rarely make apps...
Honestly rugby is in the dark ages when it comes to modern media, it really hampers potential growth of the sport

I mean it's the rugby world cup at the moment but you barely see anything about it on social media because they're copyright striking anyone who posts clips - they even took down a clip one of their own referees put up of him shaking a players hand

i 100% agree most teams are behind the times....but is that really factor in picking a team? kit colours? sure!....mascot? sure! bandwagon to jump on?...not for me but sure for some!...local to you? that should be the first option!

an official app for the phone.

Hi from Bristol Bears; you didn't specify Android or iOS so here's links for both Bears apps

Just come back from the first game of the premiership season where we put Leicester Tigers to the sword.

Saints don't have an app much to my frustration.

Edit: England don't even have an app ffs. They've got a £600k per year chairman but not a basic app, Jesus wept!

TBF, this thread is the first I've known that individual sports clubs would have an app devoted to themselves.

I guess I can understand* huge sports / clubs, but I certainly wouldn't expect it of an also-ran like Rugby.

* Well, acknowledge the inevitable, rather than understand, but that's just me.

TBF, this thread is the first I've known that individual sports clubs would have an app devoted to themselves.

I guess I can understand* huge sports / clubs, but I certainly wouldn't expect it of an also-ran like Rugby.

I know, kids these days:rolleyes:

yeah, i dont think there are many. Even the NHL....is just the NHL app and you select your team and the app icon changes, shows your your teams results and stuff....but it still the same app for everyone

@Snettod better not disappear before telling us who they have picked

My rules for picking a new team,

first is location, back the local team, more likely to meet other fans, see some games etc
if no one immediately local...then i cant jump on a bandwagon
then i go by any kiwis in a team hence following blackburn in the football for a while when Ryan Nelsen was captain
then club colours, several of my teams where Blue/Gold Blue/white (OBHS, Dunedin RFC, Otago, Highlanders, Wimbledon,, Sharks in the NRL, St Louis Blues, LA Rams)

Latest posts