• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Georgian Rugby

U20 New Zealand 55 - 0 Georgia U20 crushing defeat

U20 Wales 10 - 9 Georgia U20 close defeat

U20 Ireland 35 - 7 Georgia U20 defeat

U20 Italy 17 - 18 Georgia U20 close victory

Last edited:
After the Fiji game, and now that Scotland beat Japan again, Georgia will end up ranked number 11 in the world, for the first time.

7 FRANCE 80.76 (+2.67)
8 Scotland 80.44 (+0.94)
9 ARGENTINA 80.20 (-2.67) France 78.09 last week (Will EITHER remain France between 77.76 and 79.87, or swap with Argentina going down to 80.20, depending on the result between them)
10 Fiji 75.48 (-1.66)
11 Georgia 75.23 (+1.66)
12 Japan 74.95 (-0.94)
13 Italy 71.57 last week (Will be between 69.56 and 72.56 depending on the result vs Canada)
14 Samoa 71.36 (+1.09) (Will go up to 13th if Italy does not beat Canada)

[Updated 2016-06-26 0400 UTC]
Wow, Georgia is only 2 places behind Argentina

Last edited:
U20 Rugby world Championship result from young Lelos:

NZ 55 - 0 Georgia
Wales 10 - 9 Georgia
Ireland 35 - 7 Georgia
Italy 17 - 18 Georgia
France 27 - 24 Georgia

Georgian tour to Islands:

Samoa 19 - 19 Georgia

Tonga 20 - 23 Georgia

Fiji 3 - 14 Georgia

Congrats Georgia! Excellent tour.
This is the way to claim for more matches against T1 Nations.
Do you know if Georgia is planning to tour North America or Japan in the next years?

2016 November tests:

1st - Georgia vs Japan
2nd - Georgia vs Samoa
3d - Scotland vs Georgia --> now that match will be outstanding...

We want next teams to visit Tbilisi 2017 November tests:

1st - Georgia vs Tonga
2nd - Georgia vs Wales
3d - Georgia vs France

We want next teams to visit Tbilisi 2018 November tests:

1st - Georgia vs Samoa
2nd - Georgia vs Fiji
3d - Georgia vs Argentina

Do you think is possible to play Wales in the 2nd week?
I mean, Isn't Wales going to be touring somewhere else in November?

On the other hand, completely agree about France (or some other European T1 Nations) playing with you in the first/last week. And also Argentina (or Australia or South Africa) should visit you during some of their November tours.

Do you think is possible to play Wales in the 2nd week?
I mean, Isn't Wales going to be touring somewhere else in November?

On the other hand, completely agree about France (or some other European T1 Nations) playing with you in the first/last week. And also Argentina (or Australia or South Africa) should visit you during some of their November tours.

There was not even 1 T1 country who visited Georgia at least for 20+ years.
EVen Argentina who played most matches vs Georgia never visited Tbilisi with National side.

I want to see few T1 countries in Georgia.

There was not even 1 T1 country who visited Georgia at least for 20+ years.
EVen Argentina who played most matches vs Georgia never visited Tbilisi with National side.

I want to see few T1 countries in Georgia.

Indeed, I agree with you in the general idea (as I stated before).
I was only asking about a particular proposal, that IMHO is infeasible.

Georgia Eye South American Tour in June 2017:
http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2016/07/04/georgia-eye-south-american-tour-june-2017/

"The Georgia Rugby Union has confirmed that it is looking to tour the continent in June 2017. The proposed international schedule would see Georgia playing test matched in Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina."

It's quite interesting that Georgia is planning to play against Brazil and Uruguay, instead of going to North America (as Italy have done this year).
Excelent news for South American Rugby!

Last edited:
last 10 matches of Lelos:

New Zealand 45 - 10 Georgia
Namibia 16 - 17 Georgia
Georgia 59 - 7 Germany
Portugal 3 - 29 Georgia
Georgia 38 - 7 Spain
Russia 7 - 24 Georgia
Georgia 38 - 9 Romania
Samoa 19 - 19 Georgia
Tonga 20 - 23 Georgia
Fiji 3 - 14 Georgia

Impressive record. It's crazy to think though that as the rankings stand at the moment, only two of Lelos' last ten matches have been against opposition ranked higher than themselves. I appreciate that this may not have been the case at the time, as an unbeaten run of nine matches will have pushed the ranking points up. We must be approaching a point where there needs to be a more significant reward for teams that manage to improve their ranking than a once every four years world cup seeding. Maybe one of the autumn internationals could be fixtured based on world rankings.

last 10 matches of Lelos:

Georgia 38 - 9 Romania
Samoa 19 - 19 Georgia
Tonga 20 - 23 Georgia
Fiji 3 - 14 Georgia

Georgia should be getting a spot in the 6 Nations with results like above. This would boost their progress. When will the 6N Committee get their finger out, change dates+include Georgia?

Georgia should be getting a spot in the 6 Nations with results like above. This would boost their progress. When will the 6N Committee get their finger out, change dates+include Georgia?

Not for a long time yet! Too entrenched in their ways!!!

Not for a long time yet! Too entrenched in their ways!!!

Indeed, as with my suggestion, "tradition" and commercial interests would get in the way. I hold little sway by the "tradition" argument - one of World Rugby's stated aims is to develop the game worldwide, surely they realised that something would have to give in order to achieve this goal.

The Six Nations debate has been done to death here and in many other places, so maybe I shouldn't bite, but I will briefly. Playing devil's advocate, what has sixteen years in the tournament done for Italy?

If Italy / Argentina are anything to go by - the powers that be wil wait until the generation of players who merit promotion are in the process of retiring.

As an answer to the above very little, but they have improved as a national team, would that be the case with Georgia??? only way would be to have promotion and relegation but all that has been done before in various threads.

The Six Nations debate has been done to death here and in many other places, so maybe I shouldn't bite, but I will briefly. Playing devil's advocate, what has sixteen years in the tournament done for Italy?

Made them more competitive. If they hadn't been included they'd be in worse shape. Lower than Georgia and Romania possibly.
Seriously, it's time to revamp the 6N by moving dates forward and include Georgia. They should at least get a shot against the next wooden spooner with an inclusion based on merit and promotion.

Also Georgia may make more of the opportunity than Italy have done.

Last edited:

Well crowds for internationals in Italy have improved considerably. Most importantly it gave Italy a chance to advance as a rugby nation and join the big boys. Sadly they've completely failed to take that opportunity (so far) and Italian rugby seems low quality and chaotic at all levels at the moment. But that's not a reason to deny that opportunity for development to others.

Latest posts