• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Georgian Rugby

psychic duck

International
Since there is a thread on Russia rugby, I propose that Georgia has it's own one too

georgie.png

Mobile props, Tanks, Kicking props, You name it we've got it! Could watch this all day

In U18 Championship, Georgia won ahead Italy 20-18 !

They will play against Scotland for the 5th place.

Italy will play against Portugal and need to win if they don't want finish at the last rank.

Semi finals : Ireland (with the georgian prop Saba Meunargia) v. France
and England v. Wales

Future is bright for Georgia

Georgian players to watch 2012/2013

Loosehead Prop
World class player : Vasil Kakovin (Stade Toulousain, Top14)
Notables players : Anton Peikrishvili (Castres Olympique, Top14), Davit Khinchagishvili (CA Brive, Top14),
Future great players : Mikheil Nariashvili (Montpellier HRC, Top14, born 1990), Zurab Zhvania (Stade Français, U23, born 1991)

Hooker
Notable players : Irakli Natriashvili (CA Brive, Top14), Jaba Bregvadze (Stade Toulousain, Top14)
Future great players : Giorgi Lomtadze (Bradford&Bingley/Yorkshire U20, born 1993)

Tighthead Prop
World class players : Giorgi Jgenti (Montpellier HRC, Top14), Davit Zirakashvili (ASM Clermont, Top14)
Notable players : Davit Kubriashvili (RC Toulon, Top14), Beka Sheklashvili (SU Agen, Top14)
Future great players : Levan Chilichava (RC Toulon, Top14 and U23, born 1991), Vato Rapava (Saracens RFC, A-League, born 1992)

Locks
Notable player : Levan Datunashvili (Stade Aurillacois, ProD2)
Future great players :
Konstantin Mikautadze (RC Toulon, Top14 and U23, born 1991)

Back-row
World class player : Mamuka Gorgodze (Montpellier HRC, Top14)
Notable player : Dimitri Basilaia (Edinburgh Rugby, RaboDirectPro12)
Future great players : Vito Kolelishvili (ASM Clermont, Top14, born 1989), Giorgi Tyesheliadze (Hartpury College/Gloucester, born 1991)

Centres
Future great players : Merab Sharikadze (Hartpury College/Gloucester, born 1993), David Losaberidze (Section Paloise U23, born 1991)

With these future great players and the result of Georgia U18, im sure in few years Georgia will be ahead Scotland and Italy!

Mamuka Gorgodze barges away Agen defender

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/se84tZaJBg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

In my opinion, Gorgodze is the best third line of the World.
He does not miss any tackle
It is over-powerful
It was incredibly easy to pass the ball after contact...

Rugby magazine # 1 in France (Midi Olympique), had made its front page on his return to Montpellier after the RWC with the headline: "Dad is back"
Whether with Montpellier or Georgia, when the team have difficulties, it makes a pass at Gorgodze and alone, he gives the whole team forward
Also, Midi Olympique elected this guy as best foreign of the Top14... So ahead legends like George Smith, Joe Van Niekerk, Chris Masoe,

He began rugby at 17! and played his first game with national team at 18!!

Look these 2 videos : he is incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:
So U18 Champ.

1.England
2.Ireland
3.France
4.Wales
5.Scotland
6.Georgia

7.Italy
8.Portugal

Qualifiyng pool for 2013 U18 Champ will be between the Top2 of second division (Belgium and Germany), Portugal and... Georgia! No comment...

-----------------------

Gorgodze back from RWC :

"Dad is back"

00051x31.jpg

"He is back... it can not work miracles either"

s640x480.jpg

Attachments

• 00051x31.jpg
    00051x31.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2
  • s640x480.jpg
    s640x480.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 3
Its worrying for us, but great for Georgia. I am a keen supporter of bringing Georgia into an expanded 6 nations (7 nations.) In my opinion there is no way that they are any worse than us or Scotland and would probably give the others a decent game aswell. I cant see team relishing away trips in Tiblisi.

Gorgodze's hat trick for Montpellier from last weekend

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/35j4sb4kAMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hooker Jaba Bregvadze may be forced to retire due to a neck injury, very sad for him especially given that he is only 25, and only just won a contract with a top European team in Toulouse

That's a horrible thing to have to come to terms with, especially when he's just 25! Such a shame, was it a really bad injury then?

That's a horrible thing to have to come to terms with, especially when he's just 25! Such a shame, was it a really bad injury then?

I've heard it was a serious injury to his cervical vertebra (that bump at the bottom of the neck and right at the top of the spine), his career is threatened by this and he will get official medical advice in a few weeks

he could have played a part in Georgia future as although he still needed improving in a number of areas, especially scrummaging and lineout throwing, around the pitch he was very good, and was only going to improve as he just found himself a top European club in Toulouse where had impressed Guy Novès early on and earned a longer contract from his initial one as injury cover

he was mainly selected for his work around the field, and was an extremely lightweight hooker (the lightest of any at the World Cup), his highlights include scoring the winning try against Russia last year, and playing a part in the move that resulted in Gorgodze's try against Romania at the World Cup

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5tQa7i4F4gA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

(Bregvadze's try against Russia last year)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yIE9S1xx0no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

(Bregvadze's run which gave Georgia momentum to score against Romania at the World Cup, go to 17 seconds in the video)

there are rumours that in the November internationals Georgia are going to face Fiji on the 24th of November

hopefully there will be the strongest team, Jgenti would annihilate Campese Ma'afu at scrum :lol:

also there could be a match against Japan the week before, and also possibly the week before that as well

The Georgian flanker Viktor Kolelishvili, will make his debut for Clermont tomorrow against Castres

there are rumours that in the November internationals Georgia are going to face Fiji on the 24th of November

hopefully there will be the strongest team,
Jgenti would annihilate Campese Ma'afu at scrum :lol:

also there could be a match against Japan the week before, and also possibly the week before that as well.

The Georgian flanker Viktor Kolelishvili, will make his debut for Clermont tomorrow against Castres

Yay more tier 2 tests how awesome -_-

I doubt he will ever play for the national side -_-

Its about time! we've been waiting for some time
:cool:

Yay more tier 2 tests how awesome -_-

you not keen on playing Fiji?

I like most think it would be good if both teams are at full strength, but given that is highly unlikely it could be a waste of time

I doubt he will ever play for the national side -_-

why do you doubt Jgenti will ever play for the Lelos? he's been great in the Top 14, and has improved his discipline

Its about time! we've been waiting for some time :cool:

he had a decent game, didn't get much opportunity with ball in hand, but made some hard tackles, especially one on Chris Masoe who was running at full pace from receiving a kick, I really rate Kolelishvili, he will be Georgia's first choice flanker no doubt now

Latest posts