• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

German Rugby makes a big step

I didn't mention it as i was talking about ball sports, and not Ice Hockey.

I just wonder how rugby has not made it's way into more countries sports agenda, when other team ball sports obviously have.

The average Lithuanian has no time for your foolish ball shaped sport antics! He has only one desire: to defeat Russia!

I think one reason why Rugby hasn't done well outside of its traditional British & Commonwealth roots is because of its amateur ethos. In nations with a powerful lower class, it made it difficult for them to co-operate properly to compete with the bigger rugby nations.

Germany XV Match Schedule 2008/09

Nov. 8th Germany vs Wales (Amateur) Friendly Match in Berlin
Nov. 15th Spain vs Germany European Championship and RWC Qualifier in Madrid
Feb. 7th Germany vs Georgia European Championship and RWC Qualifier in ?
Feb. 14th Germany vs Romania European Championship and RWC Qualifier in Heidelberg
Feb. 21th Portugal vs Germany European Championship and RWC Qualifier in Lissabon
May 2nd Germany vs Russia European Championship and RWC Qualifier in Heidelberg

I will have a look now, do you look for a special area (North/South)

edit: The new schedule is not out yet, I will post it here as soon as possible.

I will have a look now, do you look for a special area (North/South)

edit: The new schedule is not out yet, I will post it here as soon as possible.[/b]
I think I've got the schedule website bookmarked, I was just seeing if you knew anythign extra, I will be all around the place so region isn't of too much of a concern...

Here is a map with all German Rugby Clubs.
http://rugbyweb.de/gmap/

on the site you can find schedules and results also.
The schedule for the new season should be there by end of July.[/b]
Cheers, it's a tossup between Hamburg and Berlin to go to a game me thinks, what does Verbände mean?

Verbände are the unions, the German Rugby Union is the DRV and the german countries also have regional unions.

I was really surprised when I came here in September to find the World Cup on DSF, and on top of that a load of people wearing different Berlin rugby jerseys and jackets when were watching the games. The last time I was here in 2003 I wasn't able to find out the 6 nations scores until I got to internet. I hope it continues to go from strength to strength here. Where are the national team based?

I played rugby in Holland, against a Dutch team and a German team over the course of 2 weeks.
We did twice as much drinking and....fornicating than we did rugby. The tour ended in a draw, one win and one loss per team...some of the best games I was involved in.

I really like to see the 'minnows' gaining momentum, I had a little run around with some Georgian kids when I was there for college in March. Some of them play for a team ('Locomotiv' I think) and they truley trounced me and the other 2 guys I was across with...keeping in mind I'm still recoving from a rotator cuff injury....not that I'm making excuses.

Germany in Division One probably is a good news to european rugby. The Czech Republic wasn't a major upset to the other teams. I was in Hannover for the Sevens (to support Portugal), and the Portugal-Germany was very interesting. Although Portugal won ***le by beating Wales, Ireland and Germany were the tough games. Portugal had more problems against Germany then against Wales, Georgia, Spain, Romania,...

yes i was there too...
portugal did beat germany 14:12
if the german kicker would have converted both trys it would have been a draw
but before germany did lose 26:0 against georgia
later they did only lose 19:21 agaisnt italy
i think when germany is in a good mode they are able to beat a lot of good nations in rugby sevens
but on the other hand they can lose clearly against weaker nations

Welcome Germany
I am Georgian and as you are aware we will have to face off against each other in this season
It is nice to hear Germany steps forward in the most amazing play Rugby
we Georgians are current winners of FIRA AER Nations Cup :cheers: and we'll have a closer relations in Rugby soon
Bests :D
IMG_0712.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

Cheers :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Latest posts