• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getofmeland's Review of Rugby Challenge

Fair review :D :D Don't see it biased at all, can't see how the SIDHE fan boys (as in forum users, not the staff - their lovely :p :p :p) are so petty that they pick out grammar mistakes. F!!k!n hell its so childish, grow up. There we go, haters will hate :D
well to be fair at least twenty people on this forum have called me out on the most minor grammatical error and some smart arse is probably going to edit this for shits and giggles

well to be fair at least twenty people on this forum have called me out on the most minor grammatical error and some smart arse is probably going to edit this for shits and giggles

Yes but they're using it as an approach to attack the article saying it was done by an*amateur etc... Most forum users do it for, as you say ''shits and giggles''.*

Interesting review and follow-up comments...from my own review of the game based on the vids that have came out I have a slightly more enthusiastic approach to it but as the great britney spears once said "thats my perogative" :) lol

Now for all the childish bickering thats going on I've only got one thing on that matter....All the mods on here(correct me if im wrong please) have expressed a strong desire to buy both games as they give different offerings and not one has said Rc is better than RWC or vise versa. I think its fair to say that the mods on here that have played the game are putting their reputations on the line by defending RWC and i would be bitterly disappointed if they only did this for non-gameplay reasons. This we would only find out on the 26/08/2011... So I suggest that before anyone goes slating the mods for being biased that they simply wait 27 days to play the game and then a real, adult debate can occur.

I will most certainly be doing this and i think its a good idea that RWC come out before RC as (gameplay-wise) I can only compare it to the last rugby game (rugby 08) and whether or not its made enough of an improvement for the 3 yrs they have deprived us for.

I'd also like to know from people that have played the game their thoughts on the last comment?

Peace and love

Hi mate, just to put something to bed. How "easy" is it to score tries, and how many tacklers fall off. Seen it in the trailers that it looks like you have loads of space, and the tackling seems quite poor

A cracking review. I think the choice as to which version of the game I get can't be made. It has to be both. Two union games coming along within weeks of each other must be a thing that is celebrated by any rugby gaming fan worth his salt. Especially after over 3 years of not having a game of anykind. Cost would be an issue but I am lucky enough to be getting one version of the game as a birthday present...leaving me needing to stump up the cost of the other. OK, one of the games may fall by the wayside in terms of preference of playing. But it won't be binned....rather retained for posterity.

The Review of Rugby World Cup was after a 30 minute play, this one is from an hour and half preview, and since then I have played RWC for over 4 and half hours now.... As well as the demo...

Thanks for taking the time out to write anything i just thought the RWC review had more detail. Actually side note is there a difference between the two defensive systems ? i got the impression RWC had a slightly better dynamic.

Hey is the AI for rwc2011 actually 'smarter' on the harder difficulty or is it just things like turnover rates, and tackle radius increased?
From what I've played on the rwc2011 demo, I'm very disappointed, just seems like a re-vamped 2008 to me, nicer looks and marginally improved ai, that's about it.
Interesting way to make the demo more of a challenge is to not use sprint at all (found it made it a lot harder). I had to do things like that on 08 on hardest to keep it challenging, hope it's not like that on rwc2011.

Also appreciate the review, gave me flaws for rugby challenge to look at,
but in the end the option to play as the turbos is always going to win me over.

Last edited:
Hey is the AI for rwc2011 actually 'smarter' on the harder difficulty or is it just things like turnover rates, and tackle radius increased?
From what I've played on the rwc2011 demo, I'm very disappointed, just seems like a re-vamped 2008 to me, nicer looks and marginally improved ai, that's about it.
Interesting way to make the demo more of a challenge is to not use sprint at all (found it made it a lot harder). I had to do things like that on 08 on hardest to keep it challenging, hope it's not like that on rwc2011.

Also appreciate the review, gave me flaws for rugby challenge to look at,
but in the end the option to play as the turbos is always going to win me over.

Given that this Rugby game apparently has things like reasonably less bunching, better tackling, better turnovers and better attack on higher levels, the challenge level is apparently very high and significantly harder than Rugby '08. I suppose we'll have to make of it what we will when it comes out.

Wish some one can tell me more about the season/career mode of rc:)what can u do and what happens

Can you do pick and go with a forward ?

Can you take the ball with the 8 in the scrum ?

Latest posts