• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GITS sig

P

Prestwick

429686041_38c5ffb4b9_o.jpg

Done in GIMP, took a screen grab, copied the area I wanted to do, then pasted it in greyscale, copied again, pasted it into an RGB work area, traced the oulines of the Major's eyes and hair using vector graphics (drunk right now), then filled in the eyes with red and the hair with purple on seperate layers and then faded said layers by altering the transparency!

What is it from?

I'd take a wild stab at some sort of Japanese Manga type thing.

You need a border on it as well.

I have to admit, I opened the thread expecting a Matt Giteau signature.

Which would have made more sense to my entirely rugby oriented brain.

I have to admit, I opened the thread expecting a Matt Giteau signature.

Which would have made more sense to my entirely rugby oriented brain. [/b]

Snap

Anyway, where exactly is the GFX? All you've done is crop a screenshot looking at that.

*ahem*

Here is the original screen shot.

Done in GIMP, took the screen grab, copied the area I wanted to do, then pasted it in greyscale, copied again, pasted it into an RGB work area, traced the oulines of the Major's eyes and hair using vector graphics (drunk right now), then filled in the eyes with red and the hair with purple on seperate layers and then faded said layers by altering the transparency!

Its nice and simple. I live for simplicity as it can be just as beautiful as the intricate and complicated.

Are Jason Robinson's runs as simple and straightforward as Dan Carter's are well researched and complicated?

Prestwick, add something to it. Some text, a border...some scanlines maybe.
Whats everyone obsession in magna cartoons?? I think Pokemon has brainwashed millions.

Whats everyone obsession in magna cartoons?? I think Pokemon has brainwashed millions. [/b]

I'm not obsessed now. But I was when I was 6-10...It just stimulates the imagination and wonder of a mind of that age.

Prestwick, add something to it. Some text, a border...some scanlines maybe.
Whats everyone obsession in magna cartoons?? I think Pokemon has brainwashed millions.
[/b]

Its actually Japanese Animation. Manga is actually the graphical novels that are published in Japan. Pokemon is actually old hat as a series. Transformers has been doing the same kind of thing for way longer.

It is quite ironic that while everyone loves Transformers (something which was basically a device to get kids in the 1980s to buy toys), the same guys hate with a passion Pokemon (essentially the same thing). Personally I don't like Pokemon because there is no decent story.

As for the sig, a ***le, nor scanlines would add anything to the sig. If you bothered to look at it, it'd tell you everything you'd need to know.

EDIT: My favourite series right now are Patlabor, Ghost in the Shell (both films and the Stand Alone Complex series), Read or Die (both the DVD and the TV series) and Gunsmith Cats. All three very much Adult series.

I enjoyed the two Street Fighter manga efforts (although Alpha was strange and disjointed in parts), but I bought Akira expecting it to be ace and didn't 'get it'. What the hell was going on with the ending?

You have to read the original manga.

I'll explain it when we eventually meet. I'd be spoiling it for the others here otherwise.

Just go to your Forbidden Planet in Northampton and buy the manga. It goes beyond the movie and the art and story is pretty damn epic.

Wow...way to dork up the place!

just kidding...I actually went looking for 300 after seeing the film...I'd like to see the original drawings.
BTW, Transformers the movie (live action) coming out this summer...Holla!

Wow...way to dork up the place!

just kidding...I actually went looking for 300 after seeing the film...I'd like to see the original drawings.
BTW, Transformers the movie (live action) coming out this summer...Holla! [/b]

You can my edited 300 pic for a sig if you want to, go in the 300 thread.

Latest posts