Glasgow v Biarritz

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Glasgow.png
V
Biarritz.png
</div>

There's 1 change to the Glasgow side which picked up the win away to the Cardiff Blues last Saturday with Chris Cussiter returning at scrum half.

Ayoola Erinle and Florian Faure return to the Biarritz side for this trip to Firhill.

Glasgow: 15 Bernardo Stortoni, 14 Rob Dewey, 13 Dave McCall, 12 Graeme Morrison, 11 Thom Evans, 10 Dan Parks, 9 Chris Cusiter, 1 Jon Welsh, 2 Dougie Hall, 3 Moray Low, 4 Tim Barker, 5 Alastair Kellock CAPTAIN, 6 Richie Vernon, 7 John Barclay, 8 Johnnie Beattie

Replacements: 16 Pat MacArthur, 17 Ed Kalman, 18 Kevin Tkachuk, 19 Dan Turner, 20 Kelly Brown, 21 Hefin O'Hare, 22 Colin Gregor, 23 DTH van der Merwe

Biarritz: 15 Bosch, 14 Ngwenya, 13 Erinle, 12 Traille, 11 Brusque, 10 Peyrelongue, 9 Yachvili, 1 Coetzee, 2 Terrain, 3 Johnstone, 4 Thion CAPTAIN, 5 Taele, 6 Lund, 7 Harinordoquy, 8 Faure

Replacements: 16 August, 17 Barcella, 18 Moala, 19 Carizza, 20 Lauret, 21 Courrent, 22 Tranier, 23 Lesgourgues

This is going to be a great game. I knew Jack Isaac and Jean-Michel Gonzalez would pick Chelo Bosch over Brusque; I'm curious as to whether Marcelo will be able to perform as well as he did against Perpignan. Together with Ngwenya and Brusque they make a fearsome back three. Thion's been doing fine too, so Barker and Kellock will have to bring their A game to secure line out balls.

I'm not so confident about Imanol Harinordoquy though. To me he is more of an eightman -- anyway Biarritz's back row has been impressive so far, so why change it?

And I'd like to see Carizza getting some decent game time; I haven't seen much of him lately and since he's our first choice lock (with Albacete), Argentina's head coach will be attentive to his performance.

Go Biarritz!

Lund pounces on loose ball to put Biarritz ahead with the first try. 15 - 19.

Tense finish. Fair dues to Glasgow, but Biarritz very pro, especially with the shove on that last scrum.

Parkes making bad decisions again, but Glasgow's 15 looks very lively.

What's the rule when a defender and attacker get downward pressure over the try line at the same time? Can't remember seeing that before.

they seem to think on sky that lund had his hand on the ball before the Glasgow player even though both had their hands on it when it was grounded.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 11 2009, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
they seem to think on sky that lund had his hand on the ball before the Glasgow player even though both had their hands on it when it was grounded.[/b]
Yeah, I heard McGeechan say that. Makes sense, I guess, but was that what decided it for the TMO?

Jonnie Beattie played very well. If he keeps playing like that he'll be the Scotland no. 8 for the AI's.

Latest posts