• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

They needed to sign some more world class players TBH.

Reckon they could challenge top 6 next season with a couple more signings.....

Brilliant signing, though I don't know what happens now. Don't understand what happens with Goode. Been our best player for years but I can't see wasting Williams on the wing, maybe Goode goes 10 with Faz permeant at 12?

Brilliant signing, though I don't know what happens now. Don't understand what happens with Goode. Been our best player for years but I can't see wasting Williams on the wing, maybe Goode goes 10 with Faz permeant at 12?

I'm just expecting Williams on the wing as a replacement for Ashton. Can't see Goode being played anywhere but 15, and they're not gonna move Faz to 12, they love Barritt. Disappointing as it probably means Earle will continue to get no game time.

Last edited:
I'm just expecting Williams on the wing as a replacement for Ashton. Can't see Goode being played anywhere but 10, and they're not gonna move Faz to 12, they love Barritt. Disappointing as it probably means Earle will continue to get no game time.

I agree with all of the above. Saracens best back three combination has Goode in it so that basically puts Williams on the wing.

it's a shame about Earle, Malins, Gallagher and Perkins who all look to have talent but seem a far way off a breakthrough. They all still have time on their side, but I think there will be more Ben Ransoms in that group than there will Maro Itojes.

I'm just expecting Williams on the wing as a replacement for Ashton. Can't see Goode being played anywhere but 10, and they're not gonna move Faz to 12, they love Barritt. Disappointing as it probably means Earle will continue to get no game time.
The thing is Earle and Gallagher are playing really well and i'd like them to play a lot more. A back 3 of Maitland, Williams and Goode really does make sense with our kicking game though. Barritt is a brilliant player for us but he's 30 and does his body no favours. With Alex Lozowski we have another really good 10 available and Farrell is intl class at 12.

The thing is Earle and Gallagher are playing really well and i'd like them to play a lot more. A back 3 of Maitland, Williams and Goode really does make sense with our kicking game though. Barritt is a brilliant player for us but he's 30 and does his body no favours. With Alex Lozowski we have another really good 10 available and Farrell is intl class at 12.

Has Earle played yet following his return from NZ? Gallagher has done fine, as has Perkins.

Throw Henry Taylor, Max Malins and Tom Griffiths in to the mix and Sarries have some good young backs. It'd be a real shame if at least a few of them didn't make it.

I'm 99% sure he played a storm game, though Gallagher out played him. We have a great academy but it seems backs don't get half the chances the forwards do.
I do hope to see Earle and Gallagher getting alot of game time during the 6 nations.

Solomona's officially "retired" from RL, and Diamond's said that Sale are interested (amongst other clubs).

The legal fallout will be very interesting.

Elia Elia to Quins on a short term deal.

Apparently he is a Samoan hooker with 3 caps who came through the Crusaders youth set-up.

Latest posts