• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Global Rugby Manager

Hi guys, this will inevitably show huge naivety re: development, but the match engine looks pretty good from what I've seen of it - what stops that becoming playable one day? / how did you build it?

Hi guys, this will inevitably show huge naivety re: development, but the match engine looks pretty good from what I've seen of it - what stops that becoming playable one day? / how did you build it?
We coded our own in house rugby ai engine. It has taken years.

It certainly can be playable. All that is required to achieve this is a bit of development time and it is something we have always wanted to do.

The Injury ATT the lower it is the higher the more injury prone the player ? Or how does it work

Just testing some 10 minute half matches. Definitely makes for some fast paced exciting games.

How is the penalty count ? As in the 80 min matches there is not much

How is the penalty count ? As in the 80 min matches there is not much

Nothing regarding penalties has been changed, so you will naturally see even less with shorter halves.

I seem to see between 10 and 20 penalties on average per 80 minute match.

Last edited:
I get mostly get penalties from scrums if the scrums are even i hardly have penalties in the match

The patch release will be delayed one week until the 14th of January so that we can include Roster Sharing as a new feature.

Roster Sharing will enable you to share your customisation with other Managers over the internet and even collaborate on big customisation jobs easily.

GPRed I have been going through the rugby dynasty forums for a bit of advice on team tactics and so on as the game is very much the same , I saw your name there as well , a lot !! anyway the changes that were made for rugby dynasty for season 17 is this in global rugby manager ? and I am sure that you are also aware that the lineout problem of rugby dynasty is in global rugby manager as well . Also is there a way to have less tackle breaks as it sometimes seem that my players can't tackle to save their lives and their tackling attribute is in the 90's , also they say size is not everything but in global rugby manager it is , is it possible that in the future a new attribute is included to players "tackle technique" so that even a player that is not as heavy can smash a big guy. in global rugby manager my fullback is a complete idiot and is never in the correct position does this have to do with his awareness ? as that of him is high as well , then defence , my team gets caught out wide every time is there a way to stop this or something I have to adjust in my tactics ?

- - - Updated - - -

the player stars like playmaker , can you give a breakdown on it please i would like to know what attributes contribute to a player getting a playmaker star for example and does he get more stars by training or is it fixed

Any news on the update?
A couple of bugs have been discovered just today that we would like to fix before releasing the patch. So we are delaying the patch release until Monday. Apologies for this, but we wan't to get these things right.

GPRed I have been going through the rugby dynasty forums for a bit of advice on team tactics and so on as the game is very much the same , I saw your name there as well , a lot !! anyway the changes that were made for rugby dynasty for season 17 is this in global rugby manager ? and I am sure that you are also aware that the lineout problem of rugby dynasty is in global rugby manager as well . Also is there a way to have less tackle breaks as it sometimes seem that my players can't tackle to save their lives and their tackling attribute is in the 90's , also they say size is not everything but in global rugby manager it is , is it possible that in the future a new attribute is included to players "tackle technique" so that even a player that is not as heavy can smash a big guy. in global rugby manager my fullback is a complete idiot and is never in the correct position does this have to do with his awareness ? as that of him is high as well , then defence , my team gets caught out wide every time is there a way to stop this or something I have to adjust in my tactics ?

- - - Updated - - -

the player stars like playmaker , can you give a breakdown on it please i would like to know what attributes contribute to a player getting a playmaker star for example and does he get more stars by training or is it fixed

Yes, the season 17 changes are in for Global Rugby Manager. There is a bug with this though that means players a missing too many tackles. This bug will be fixed in the patch. The lineouts are something we intend to improve in the future.

High awareness will help your fullback. Try low ruck numbers to help avoid getting beaten out wide. For an explanation of the player stars, see the in game squad selection help.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, the patch is now live.

Simply use your previous download link to download the new setup file and reinstall it.

All your old save games and customization should still be there and work after this.

If you want to get the game you can get the demo here,

http://globalrugbymanager.com

The patch includes the following,

- Addition of English Premiership style competition
- Addition of Pro12 style competition
- Varied half lengths available
- Integrated online custom roster sharing
- Improved customization tools to make creating large projects much quicker
- Large increase in custom jersey style variety
- 1.5 x 3D playback viewing speed added. This allows faster viewing of games while still being able follow the action easily.
- Quick sim through an entire round in one click
- Minor tweaks and fixes to interface and AI engine

Has the tackle problem been fixed ? that was mentioned in season 17 or 7 ( cant remember what season it was ) update of RD ?

Is there a league and player editor? Looks good, I'll buy it once I'll get to a secure PC. Good to have PayPal there.

Have been playing a few rounds and it is much better matches are very exciting and scores are very close i like it , have not gone much into editing , what major changes have been made to the editor ?

Is there a league and player editor? Looks good, I'll buy it once I'll get to a secure PC. Good to have PayPal there.

There is full team and player customisation available within each competition structure. You can also do things like create jerseys. It is pretty extensive!

There is also integrated roster sharing so that you can share any customisation you have done with other managers and even collaborate together on big projects.

- - - Updated - - -

Have been playing a few rounds and it is much better matches are very exciting and scores are very close i like it , have not gone much into editing , what major changes have been made to the editor ?

The biggest change to the customisation is the addition of the 'Copy from Existing Team' panel. This will make customising entire competitions of teams and players of much faster.

Customisation sharing has also been added.

The number of jersey styles available in the jersey creater has almost doubled too!

Latest posts