• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Goal kicking

P

Peta_nuku9

had the game on ps2 4 a day now.. got it all sorted ecept 4 the goal kicking!

i get the accuracy rite but 4 sum reaason never get the distance to get any kicks over

how?

Maybe put the bar lower i find that with mine, as I tried to stick a kick over from 49M and I but the bar really high and it only just reached the 22. Try and drive it over.

what angle does the arrow need to be to make the longest distance for a kick. i usually have it on the defalt angle, but even if i make a slight adjustments, i still cant nail it from the sideline, it either misses, or drops short when it does have the accuracy

and ive seen if you have it as low as possible, it doesnt go anywere.

in theory, 45 degrees and it should go furthest. also the lower the angle, the less you have to battle a cross wind etc. ive got a couple from the half way.

from the side line i normally aim on the inside of the left post as it always always starts out to the right and doen't come back much, i have been having a few problems with it but am slowly getting the hang of kicking

all is good also depends on how good ya kicker is
<

Originally posted by davidson@May 11 2005, 11:37 PM
in theory, 45 degrees and it should go furthest.
Not strictly true.

If you think of the angle that the foot is coming in at, 45 degrees elevation means a lot of the foot-speed is wasted.

Think of it like golf clubs. The club hits the ball moving pretty much horizontally, so a 45 degree loft on the club would mean you only get the speed of the club-head x cos 45. Which means only about 0.71 times the clubhead speed is transferred to the ball.

Sorry for over-analysing. It's my job!

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut+May 14 2005, 04:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lazy_chesnut @ May 14 2005, 04:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-davidson
@May 11 2005, 11:37 PM
in theory, 45 degrees and it should go furthest.
Not strictly true.

If you think of the angle that the foot is coming in at, 45 degrees elevation means a lot of the foot-speed is wasted.

Think of it like golf clubs. The club hits the ball moving pretty much horizontally, so a 45 degree loft on the club would mean you only get the speed of the club-head x cos 45. Which means only about 0.71 times the clubhead speed is transferred to the ball.

Sorry for over-analysing. It's my job! [/b]
uuuuuuuummmmm
<

some of us are rugby players
<

Latest posts