• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Going to a Game?

G

getofmeland

Right this is just an idea, but with everyone's help could become a reality.

So if your planning to go to a Rugby Match, whether it be Guinness Premiership or Celtic League and fancy meeting other TRF Members who are going to the game why not organise a meet up place... this would be great for travelling fans and such like.

Also if your planning to go to an International Game then let us know in this thread...

Would be great to meet "some" of you guys, for a pint before the game or something

Well, I'll be at every Northampton home match then in Rodbers bar after every game, so if your gonna be there give me a pm or somthing.

I'm not sure how much travelling support I'm gonna do though.

I am planning to be at every home game also (Northampton of course) I have already met Saint Norwich, and Saint Phil, I just have to meet Mitey now. :p

I'm always bumping into Phil down there. I guess you know Laura and Naomi n'all.

Yeppers, sure do.

Went to the Madjetski with them sitting right in front of me :p

If anyone is heading to The 'ole' Rec this year, then let me know, cos its a short trip for me, so could meet you before the game for a quick pint... I may also make a point of going to the Guinness Premiership Final this year, which would be a good chance for us all to meet up at Twickers...

Originally posted by getofmeland@Jul 17 2006, 03:48 AM
Exactly what we all want, maybe even try to get St Helens down
lol st helens at a rugby "yawnion" (as he says) match?!?!

tough task..

Originally posted by getofmeland@Jul 16 2006, 04:29 PM
If anyone is heading to The 'ole' Rec this year, then let me know, cos its a short trip for me, so could meet you before the game for a quick pint...
Stupid question but my geography is so poor it's embarrasing - what are the main train links into Bath? Can you get a train straight from London sort of thing, or do you have to go all over the place?

They have quite good rail links from London Paddington going to Bath Spa Station.. best bet is to have a look at Trainline.co.uk

Originally posted by getofmeland@Jul 16 2006, 06:35 PM
They have quite good rail links from London Paddington going to Bath Spa Station.. best bet is to have a look at Trainline.co.uk
Thanks for that, useful sight. Turns out you can trains direct from Reading to Bath Spa without any changes, and only about an hour long journey.

May have to plan my first trip to the Rec in March then :cheers:

Christ, you'd think there's only 8 of us in the whole town![/b]

Yupper's :p

I am curious, how come you quit/left the offy board?

My step-dad noticed you were'nt there anymore...(Maverick/COYSDC/MOD)

Oh well, I never went on there anyone, it was a **** hole covered with opinions that meant f*** all.

I remember a Bath fan saying they sat in the uncovered stand at Edgeley park(Sale's ground), I was probably sat next to them. Never saying a word. It may have been Boy(where is he?)

BM

Well I'm more than willing to meet up for a drink...could be a laugh...who knows Mitey, I may catch you at some point chatting to phil...

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Jul 17 2006, 10:13 AM
I remember a Bath fan saying they sat in the uncovered stand at Edgeley park(Sale's ground), I was probably sat next to them. Never saying a word. It may have been Boy(where is he?)

BM
I'm here. Hello.

Yes, it was me. As I live in Liverpool now, Sale is my nearest fixture so I tend to go to the Bath games, as I do when they're in Newcastle (as Rob lives there). Not too saddened my Leeds' relegation, as the pleasure of going to see Bath was contrasted with the horror of actually going to Leeds.

I doubt I was sat next to you, unless you're either an eight year old boy (who didn't know what was going on) or an extremely sulky and silent middle-aged man.

I plan to go to this match in a couple of weeks:

Vaq_060706_big.jpg

If you will be spending some holydays in this area, let me know we can have some beers together.

Latest posts