• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gold Stars V Silver Stars

B

BigTen

EA's inclusion of impact players could be improved even more by inclusion of recognition for players that excel at club or provincial level but not at international levels. A perfect example of this would be someone like Chris Latham for the Reds - he is an impact player for that team but not for his country. There are loads of other players like this as well.

Gold Star impact players would make an impact at all levels (club and international) and Silver Star players would just make an impact at club level.

Yeah great idea , its just that Latham does make an impact at International Level

I think silver stars should be awarded to Upcoming Star Players.

players who perform great but doesnt get picked for international sides yet.

I think that should work better , but great idea non the less

Cheers

Latham is a star at any level.......... worlds best fullback by a country mile........full stop.

Originally posted by gallopaway@Feb 28 2006, 01:56 AM
Percy Montgomery will give him a good go!!!
Yeah he would, if he could do anything other than kick :blink:

Latham has everything a fullback requires...... a great kicking game,unmatched under the high ball, brilliant defence and great stepping ,speed and power when running with the ball.

Anyway back on topic, i think a better example of what Bigten is talking about is Peter Hewat........ Hewat is a star in the super14 (last years leading points scorer including 10 tries) but he will never get a chance at international level.

unmatched under the high ball ...i think matt perry deserves some recogntion...certainly before he started getting crippling injuries every other day he was insanely good. Before being attacking became a necessity for full backs (since jason robinson) he was the best full back in the world in my opinion.

i know this is mildly irrelevant these days but heyho

In my opinion it's a close one between Matt Perry and Nicola Brusque - both are superb under the high ball.

yeah and u can give HEWAT a silver star

the most devasting player of the 2005 season.........best player for the tahs by a country mile.........but doesnt get a international selection thus EA wont give him any stars

i like the silver v gold idea...would work great in hewats case

I agree Hewat is a better example than Latham when using the silver stars case. Although one could argue that Latham is more influential for his team than Hewitt is.

I think posters have moved away from the point that I was trying to piut across.

Silver stars would be given to players that have an influence over their club teams but at international level are not as influential.

There are loads of examples of players that would fit this definition. I would argue that Gregan now fits into this. His influence with the Brumbies is great whereas his influence with the Wallabies isn't what it used to be and therefore he would have gotten a silver from me. Whereas Larkham is clearly a gold star.

I have always rated Latham fairly highly but to say that he is the best fullback in the world is a stretch. There are many others that are better. His influence with the Reds is huge and therefore gets a silver star but clearly no gold.

And Percy does what the gameplan calls for. Deep, accurate kicks that place the oppposition under pressure - what more can the Springboks ask for?

Pretty good idea, but then what becomes of the players with no stars at all? Do they get bronze stars? EA should just do away with stars above their heads, and make them play rugby just like they do in real life. Then the impact players would be noticable whilst playing, and you wouldn't need stars, you'd just get to know who has what strengths.

Good idea, could work very well.

The likes of Bruce Reihana, David Lemi, Steve Hanley etc, could all benefit from silver star in the Guiness Prem.

Latest posts