• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Golden Boots

E

..::ERIC::..

Now, heaps of people packed a sad when people started playing in white boots, but whats with the golden boots? The Welsh 12 (Henson?) and Shontayne Hape were both wearing golden boots. They looked pretty weird, but at the same time mystical
<
Anybody else notice anybody with golden boots?

Golden boots are a football thing which have come into rugby. Only a handful of players are wearing them at the moment but you would suspect they would become more widespread.

Some of the aforementioned welsh hairdos:

duncanjones.jpg
adamjones.jpg

_38302779_gavin_henson_150.jpg
iss_539879798684900.jpg

Now they have touch rugby shoes that have the golden boot outer (Nike). I was going to buy them as touch shoes but they looked like they belong to the ultimate stepper. I don't think I am worthy.

I think it must have been about 10 years ago when Henry Paul wore white boots for Wigan that coloured boots kicked off.

I prefer my boots black with bright yellow bits all over them. That's what my last three pairs have looked like anyway.

Must admit though that Henson is a preety good talent from the limited amounts of him Ive seen

Originally posted by Ripper@Nov 27 2004, 06:43 AM
Must admit though that Henson is a preety good talent from the limited amounts of him Ive seen
what do u mean by talent?

Originally posted by neh+Nov 27 2004, 06:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Nov 27 2004, 06:23 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Nov 27 2004, 06:43 AM
what do u mean by talent? [/b]
Maybe that he can kick form long range
<

Originally posted by neh+Nov 27 2004, 05:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Nov 27 2004, 05:23 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
what do u mean by talent? [/b]
talent in that he has some skills and has a bright future if he can fully utilise those skills

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan+Nov 27 2004, 09:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan @ Nov 27 2004, 09:14 PM)</div>
Originally posted by neh@Nov 27 2004, 06:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

<
[/b]
Well, v leicster(sp?) he kicked 2 from 7...

Originally posted by umosay+Nov 28 2004, 03:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Nov 28 2004, 03:35 PM)</div>
Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Nov 27 2004, 09:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

<
Well, v leicster(sp?) he kicked 2 from 7... [/b]
I said Kick from long range not "kick" if you know what i mean and its Leicester i think
<

Originally posted by umosay+Nov 28 2004, 03:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Nov 28 2004, 03:35 AM)</div>
Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Nov 27 2004, 09:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

<
Well, v leicster(sp?) he kicked 2 from 7... [/b]
It's Leicester. You missed the second "e".

yeah henson is a pretty good player, basically i believe if you're gonna wear gold boots, white gloves and blonde highlights in your hair then you'd want to be a bloody great player, if you're not then you'll look like a bit of a muppet.

Whatever. It's just a fashion statement. It's not offending anyone so who cares?

Speaking of which they look like the two musketeers those welsh guys at the top of Woodie's post.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Dec 5 2004, 06:39 AM
Speaking of which they look like the two musketeers those welsh guys at the top of Woodie's post.
Nah. D'Artagnan and his 'friends' had the look of France in the 17th Century.

The Welsh have always been fashionably stuck in the 1980's.

Even during the 17th Century.

Latest posts