• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Good wingers in rugby

cant believe RENE RANGER was only mentioned once on 8 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he got the xfactor when he gets ball or lines up for hit! hard to get down, excellent offload and big hits also getting lots of tries and setting them up. seems to be a negative feeling towards him in nz with commentators and might just be me but when the pass is on for him to score the pass isnt made and they cut inside.

cant believe RENE RANGER was only mentioned once on 8 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he got the xfactor when he gets ball or lines up for hit! hard to get down, excellent offload and big hits also getting lots of tries and setting them up. seems to be a negative feeling towards him in nz with commentators and might just be me but when the pass is on for him to score the pass isnt made and they cut inside.

Yeah, it's pretty freaken good!!! I think that he gets a negative comments because his ball handling isn't the greatest, and sometimes he's a bit of a ball hog...

Leigh Halfpenny, George North, Tazdukwa Ngwenya and Chris Ashton :)

B. Habana, S. Williams, C. Jane, R. Ranger, S. Maitland, L. Masaga, H. Gear, K. Poki... And all the other good backs that can play wing.

About 8 All Blacks, 3 Australians, 2 Welshmen, 2 Frenchmen, 1 Irishman, 1 Englishman, 1 American and a Dutchman :).

ABs:
Gear, Sivivatu, Masaga, Maitland, Ranger, Dagg, Toeava andRokocoko,

Aussies:
Mitchell, O'Connor, Turner

Welshmen:
Shane and Halfpenny (with North coming through)

Frenchmen:
Medard and Huget

Irishman:
Tommy Bowe

Englishman:
Chris Ashton

American:
Ngwenya

and Dutchman:
Tim Visser

But also it depends on what you consider a good winger... Sometimes you'll get some absolute monsters on the wing (Tuilagis) who get used as battering rams pretty effectively.

About 8 All Blacks, 3 Australians, 2 Welshmen, 2 Frenchmen, 1 Irishman, 1 Englishman, 1 American and a Dutchman :).

ABs:
Gear, Sivivatu, Masaga, Maitland, Ranger, Dagg, Toeava andRokocoko,

Aussies:
Mitchell, O'Connor, Turner

Welshmen:
Shane and Halfpenny (with North coming through)

Frenchmen:
Medard and Huget

Irishman:
Tommy Bowe

Englishman:
Chris Ashton

American:
Ngwenya

and Dutchman:
Tim Visser

But also it depends on what you consider a good winger... Sometimes you'll get some absolute monsters on the wing (Tuilagis) who get used as battering rams pretty effectively.

are you saying there are no good scottish wingers because there is.

Zee Ngwenya is the fastest in world rugby so therefore the best and Chris Ashton is awesome.

are you saying there are no good scottish wingers because there is.

At a world class level? I wouldn't say so. Although technically there will be soon because Tim Visser qualifies for Scotland next year. Lamont is a solid player but he's nothing special and seems to play better in the centre. Evans is again a solid player but compared to the talent in the other Home Nations I wouldn't say he's truly world class on the form he's on. Nikki Walker's just a big, fast player, Tommy Bowe is his superior in just about every aspect of the game.

And by the way if you think I'm anti-Scotland, I'm not even English. Feel free to rip into the Vietnamese and Belgian rugby sides (if they even exist?)

Wait, did someone just say Huget is a good winger??????? Nah, I don't believe that could have happened.

Wait, did someone just say Huget is a good winger??????? Nah, I don't believe that could have happened.

I feel I'm being frequently shamed on this forum... His performance in the internationals wasn't half bad.

Agreed, look at Tommy Bowe,
He's not slow by a long shot, but would be beaten by a lot of professional wingers in a foot race, however he's one of the best wings around because he's so freakishly good at reading the game finding gaps and running good lines

Latest posts