• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Google

Google is the best - absolute fact. Thanks for the research though knuck. I guess the solution is for us to keep clicking on the link!

Have you thought about advertising elsewhere? I realise google etc are the best ways to attract an online audience, but what about a small ad in Rugby World or other magazines? I have no idea how much that costs but I can't imagine it's anything like £350. Sure there have to be more advertising opportunities...

It would be worth looking into but it would absolutely definitely require paypal donations, I also intend to put an ad in the Saints programme.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 20 2006, 08:45 AM
It would be worth looking into but it would absolutely definitely require paypal donations, I also intend to put an ad in the Saints programme.
... or sell t-shirts etc with a slight markup... that way there's less of a giving something for no return feeling (for the less generous-hearted people).

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 20 2006, 09:56 AM
I would sell t-shirts if people would buy them.
I reckon you'd get fair few takers... I think the important think would be to make them more general slogans with the TRF branding minimal, thus appealing to people beyond the forum as presents etc, but maintaining the interest of forum members. Eg. polo shirts with the URL printed on the back of the collar. Also serves as marketing in its own right...

Well say you print some polo shirts with slogans like "give blood... play rugby", or "get rucked and mauled", and then on the back of the collar have 'www.therugbyforum.com' then they appeal to a wide audience (rugby fans) by their slogan, and also publicise TRF when people see that on the back. People may then come looking to see if they can get hold of a shirt or just out of curiousity.

It's just finding original slogans...

EDIT: you could even have a competition to come up with them... use all the wit on this forum
<

How about " Jamie Lyon - der der der der " ?

I could think of a few takers
<

Latest posts