• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got myself a PS3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Dec 10 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 10 2008, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
has anyone heard of this "red ring" on the 360

the computer geeks at work tonight were talking about it when i said i might get a 360 - that xbox 360 hasnt been a screw up, and some xbox's stop working.[/b]
A kid in my class got an Xbox 360 5 months ago and voila RROD!

They don't mind it is under warranty....they knew what the RROD was...so when it happened they just took it in for repairs.

My PS3 seems to be playing up....it only works when I use the HDMI cable...maybe I have my settings wrong or something for output??????? Help??????
[/b][/quote]

yeah will be your settings dude.

go to video settings (obviously when you have your hdmi cable in) and see what options you have selected in there.

Set it to what you want then take out the hdmi and put in what you want and you should be sweet :)

Not for a long time, 1212 at the earliest I'd say, maybe 2011. Ask Zonerunner, he'll have a better idea.

PS3 is supposed to last for ten years before PS4 comes out. We may get a slim option in the next few years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 11 2008, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not for a long time, 1212 at the earliest I'd say, maybe 2011. Ask Zonerunner, he'll have a better idea.[/b]
As much as i'd like for the next generations of consoles to come out once time goes into a loop and we're all living in the Middle Ages again, i'd say 2012 is probably a fairly good guess.

I think the next unreal engine and crysis engines are being aimed to release around 2011/2012 so I suspect we will probably see some new consoles around that time too.

radman I think the ps3 will have a 10 year lifespan just like the ps2 will but the latter years will be a bit slower as the newer console in this case most likely the ps4 comes out towards the end of the ps3 lifespan. when the ps4 comes out not sure but I reckon around 2011/2012 seems like a good time based on things like the amount of people that will have a hdtv by then and also new game engines as I mentioned before should be out by then too.

IMO this generation has been an epic fail if they release ps4 or x720 within the NEXT 6-7 YEARS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 12 2008, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
IMO this generation has been an epic fail if they release ps4 or x720 within the NEXT 6-7 YEARS[/b]
To be fair, console generations in the past rarely ever got beyond 6-7 years. As much as I hate such terminally short life-spans, they do appear to be getting longer as of late...

Man Microsoft screwed evryone on the Box every Xbox owner has had RROD in this forum and probally most people world wide.

What a shocking piece of electronics I am suprised that the trading standards have not hauled them over the coals as they know there is a manufacturing fault but keep shipping them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 13 2008, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Man Microsoft screwed evryone on the Box every Xbox owner has had RROD in this forum and probally most people world wide.

What a shocking piece of electronics I am suprised that the trading standards have not hauled them over the coals as they know there is a manufacturing fault but keep shipping them.[/b]
This is really surprising....the xbox ONE was VERY reliable and I still have one now that just keeps going and going and probably will keep going for another 6 years.  It was the PS2 that was always puting out...I have seen so many of those things have the famous DRE (Disc read error).  I think I have bought for myself and freinds 4 PS2's.....and all of them had DRE within two years.

Now it looks like Microsoft and Sony are swapping roles with reliability.  My freind has an xbox 360 and that blew up a year ago!  It never saw anywhere near the amount of action that my xbox ONE has and still is.  What puzzles me is.....SURELY Microsoft must know the answer to its RROD problem....why have they simply not fixed it up?  How can xbox 360's that have been bought THIS year still have RROD after 5 months?

My freind who had a 360 he bought this year have the RROD believes it only happened when he played a certain game.  Perhaps some games overwork the chip?  I might ask him what game his 360 blew up on.

Woah... I was thinking about getting the 360 now I'm seriously considering the PS3 instead!

So many faults with the 360 - RROD is ridiculous.

Main reason why I want the BOX is because most of my mates have them, my brother has one and my cousin in Ireland has one, and I'm keen to game with them online.

Xbox live has a pricetag of about $100 a year but I hear the PS3 is free? Someone tell me if this is true, and overall which console has the best online thing.

As a service, XBL ****** on PSN from a great height... But as you mentioned you have to pay for the service. The "Home" network, Sonys <strike>blatent rip-off of</strike> answer to "Second life" has just been released which will draw in some due to the pretty lights. But when people get bored of their online fengshui they'll realise that it hardly offers much.

Also, don't base your opinion on the RROD problem. It was a hardware problem years ago, but now it's only people who harp on "OMFG, T3H XbOx is t3H BrEak0RZ!!1!ONE!11!" that keep the rumour going. My current machine has been going for nearly 2 years with no problems and I only know 1 other person to ever have a problem, that was the Zonerunner about the same time as my machine went bang.

I'd suggest you base which machine you get on what games you like and not what people go on about hardware failures which isn't a problem for euither these days.

Just don't buy a wii. They're shitty gimmicks aimed at appealing to your mums sense of cuteness.

And don't get a PS3 forr GT5. Instead go buy yourself a book called "This is how cars really work and Gran Turismo is a load of old ********." You'll thank me for that one.

Latest posts