• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got myself a PS3

M

melon

Well there we go. I saw a PS3 whilst down the street and thought, "bugger it, I'll buy one!"

So I ended up getting the 80gb with GTA IV, an extra controller and a HDTV cable. Today I'm going to buy WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 (or whatever the latest one is).

What online games do the rest of you play?

If there are enough of us we should set up a TRF comp over a set period of time for a certain game. (eg. 6 weeks, 8 players, play each of the other players once within a 4 week period then go to a finals format in the last 2 weeks). Anyway, just an idea.

Make sure you pick up COD4, best. game. ever and that'd be the game to play online multi in teams or individually in free for all.

See the major problem there is that its a PS3, Consoles fail in more ways than I can list. Computers for life.

I hear what you're saying about computers Woldog, I've always kept up to date with everything to have the cutting edge graphics and performance and whatnot but I just couldn't be bothered to update every 3 months or so. I'll keep gaming on the computer for sure but the PS3 is just a welcome addition to the gaming experience.

One of the massive selling points for me is that many of my friends have PS3s and I wanted to play them over the internet or at LAN parties etc.

I don't have any friends to lan with. I don't have any friends.

I traded them all for new PC parts xD.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Dec 5 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Melon cool you got a ps3!

What is your psn name?[/b]
Its Mel_n, my brother.

For some weird reason they refused to let me have melon in any combination! I tried the likes of Melon789, Mel_on9_92, 305838Melo_n9023u, Me_10_N, m310_N etc etc....it was outrageous. Any thinkable combination didn't work...it seems the word Melon even with the word broken up or letters substituted for numbers is filtered out! So I had to settle with getting rid of my 'o' and putting an underscore to make the witty name Mel_n lol.

add me as well dude, i wont be online for a few weeks though as i am moving house :(

PS3 seem way to expensive for me
might be getting an preowned XBOX 360 for $250 in the next few days

can sometime tell me what other things I should/need to get with the concole and the controller to make it better, and how much the cost would be for that and to get xbox live for a year.

if you get live can you download games for free/get them off other people?

Thinking of getting one as well, altho I first need to check which games that seduce me.

has anyone heard of this "red ring" on the 360

the computer geeks at work tonight were talking about it when i said i might get a 360 - that xbox 360 hasnt been a screw up, and some xbox's stop working.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 10 2008, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
has anyone heard of this "red ring" on the 360

the computer geeks at work tonight were talking about it when i said i might get a 360 - that xbox 360 hasnt been a screw up, and some xbox's stop working.[/b]
A kid in my class got an Xbox 360 5 months ago and voila RROD!

They don't mind it is under warranty....they knew what the RROD was...so when it happened they just took it in for repairs.

My PS3 seems to be playing up....it only works when I use the HDMI cable...maybe I have my settings wrong or something for output???????  Help?????? 

RROD is shocking,
but it can be fixed.
u almost expect it to happen, and hope it does sooner than later, just to get over the first hurdle
feels like a weight off your shoulders

Latest posts