• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got the PC version Yesterday

Jimmy the AI is more or less the same as the PS2 version --- They shift well in the backline - The kick when needed , The calculate time and score before making decisions so no 1 point behind try and kick it out situations ...

I'm playing on Hard Mode -- wich is not as difficult as i thought -- i scored my first try on hard mode on my first match -- but its not a walkover.. All my scores on hard mode are more or less 20-15 or 19-17. So it's very close and realistic .. Normal mode is easy 30-0 scores. Easy mode is useless 50-0 scores.. but its different playing a super 12 match on hard and a international on hard...

Super12 on hard is a more loose type of game -- lots of breaks for both sides -- and the AI will always score atleast once in a match.. so that kinda kewl no runaway scores..

International on hard is very very kewl -- a more tight match with almost no errors from the AI -- Bigger tackels and a much much closer score . I played S.A vs Fiji on hard mode and with a stunning break they scored within the first minute..
I won the match 30 - 25 in the end, but there was times that i was stressing.. I haven't played against ENgland or Australia or Nz but i guess that would be a real ripper.. I noticed that different teams play different styles aswell -- Like against fiji it was all about rucking and spreading the ball wide but when i played against Argentina it was all about territory and pushing the opposition back...

All in all Hard mode is a Perfect play mode -- not to hard but the AI also have a chance of winning.

Originally posted by Springbokfan@Mar 10 2005, 08:51 PM
Jimmy the AI is more or less the same as the PS2 version --- They shift well in the backline - The kick when needed , The calculate time and score before making decisions so no 1 point behind try and kick it out situations ...

I'm playing on Hard Mode -- wich is not as difficult as i thought -- i scored my first try on hard mode on my first match -- but its not a walkover.. All my scores on hard mode are more or less 20-15 or 19-17. So it's very close and realistic .. Normal mode is easy 30-0 scores. Easy mode is useless 50-0 scores.. but its different playing a super 12 match on hard and a international on hard...

Super12 on hard is a more loose type of game -- lots of breaks for both sides -- and the AI will always score atleast once in a match.. so that kinda kewl no runaway scores..

International on hard is very very kewl -- a more tight match with almost no errors from the AI -- Bigger tackels and a much much closer score . I played S.A vs Fiji on hard mode and with a stunning break they scored within the first minute..
I won the match 30 - 25 in the end, but there was times that i was stressing.. I haven't played against ENgland or Australia or Nz but i guess that would be a real ripper.. I noticed that different teams play different styles aswell -- Like against fiji it was all about rucking and spreading the ball wide but when i played against Argentina it was all about territory and pushing the opposition back...

All in all Hard mode is a Perfect play mode -- not to hard but the AI also have a chance of winning.
Thanks mate that sounds great! I love the fact that Internbationals and super twelve play differently. V reaslistic! I'm kind of surprised that different teams play in different styles. I didn't think HB woudln't go into so much detail!! excellent!

I guess once you have been playing it for a while and hard becomes easier, you can always edit the stats of the teams, to even it our a bit.

Can you score some nice tries on hard, i.e big breaks from the 22, passing the ball about in every direction French style (!!) or is it more a slow grind up the pitch?

Cheers

To tell you the truth i had about 3 tries that was scored from the 22m line...

But i guess that was just maybe luck -- i dunno .. Most of the tries will probably be normal run about 15 - 20 meter tries. But like i said when I played against Fiji it was kinda difficult to break their lines because of all the hard hits.. It also depends on the speed of the backline who you are playing against .. Whith Brent Russel i simply ran around the no15 of Fiji but against Argentina i couldn't and i was forced to use other tactics like draw the fullback and offload oh and offloads works fine on pc i think they corrected that

Latest posts