• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GP Standout Players for 06/07

B

Bullitt

So, who do we think will be standout players this season? Be it young emerging stars or old warhorses raising the bar;

My thoughts;

Carlos Spencer

His pre-season form has been electric, continuing the consistant improvement since the new year.

Charlie Hodgson

He's got a lot to do so Andy Robinson doesn't wick Wilko ahead of him just on his name, but he's definately more then capable.

Matthew Tait

He'll be Newcastles only hope of doing anything useful this year.

Andrew Mehrtens

Not much needs to be said. Quins game will be based around them and no doubt he'll win a few matches virtually on his own.

Magnus Lund

Showed how much he can bring to Sales game at the end of last season. Things will continue to get better for him.

Sebastian Chabal

Does this one really need an explanation?

Any more thoughts.

What about Jonny Wilkinson? Isn't he supposed to be eventually back? I guess it will take him some games to get really back but this should be interesting.

Another guy I'd like to see playing is Farell, I hope he's now fit and we will be able to see him playing some decent games.

Jon Clarke to push claims for an England spot.

Likewise James Forrester. And Tom Rees if he can stay fit.

Ryan Lamb of Gloucester. Had some moments of absolute brilliance towards the end of last season, and can only get better as he becomes more accustomed to the pace and hits of the premiership. A rising star without a doubt!

Gonna get slated for this but I reckon Andy Farrell could be a player to shine, It will be interesting to see what he does for Saracens, and really whether he is going to be worth the money... If he can stay injury free that is...

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Aug 25 2006, 06:56 PM
Isn't he the Afroman lookalike at Glass Door?
24209.jpg

Not a connection I'd instantly thought of, but whatever floats your boat.

Shaun Perry
Pure class at scrum half 1 of the key players in the Bristol team along with Matt Salter and Mark Regan who helped Bristol survive.Should be in the England squad but i'm kind of glad he aint because we get the best use out of him that way.

The Bristol front row
The oldest front row, still one of the best front rows in the league in my view.The main reason that Bristol stayed up last season.Knew all the tricks in the game 2 bend the rules.

Carlos Spencer
Full of tricks,tore us apart when i saw him play against us.World class.I would love 2 see him and Perry at half back. :cheers:

Matt Salter
Ummm where do i start,he is one of those players that gives all he has got every game and inspiers team mates aswell.A shame he wasn't like this when he was a bit younger.

Shawn Perry
Pure class at scrum half 1 of the key players in the Bristol team along with Matt Salter and Mark Regan who helped Bristol survive.Should be in the England squad but i'm kind of glad he aint because we get the best use out of him that way.
[/b]

Or even Shaun Perry.

At least with Rob Andrew involved I have slightly more confidence of players such as Perry getting a chance with England.

Just a shame he has only reached the top of the game so late, could be involved in the World Cup only to be shunted out of the door again once it's over.

Latest posts