• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Graham Henry on 2007 RWC Match Fixing

don't tar us all with the same brush

I am not, don't worry. I know there are some good chaps from NZ, but it's like the Aussies (always biased), South Africans (always dirty)... It's just a certain image that doesn't go away

I love how humble the New Zealanders are when it comes to rugby.

Humble humility in victory, that most endearing of traits...
Oh please.

lol Totally misinterpreted. All I'm saying, is because of the way 2007 went down; I'm glad 2011 ended the way it did (in hindsight at least - wasn't pretty nor comfortable at the time :().

Relax with all the high horse BS before all of you guys fall off the saddle. :lol: Before anyone comments, please, take the time to think about it before people start jumping up and down to seem the "bigger man" on the internet. :p :rolleyes:

And I promise you Bok fans, if/when SA gets its revenge against the Wallabies in controversial fashion, and the inevitable cheering of revenge ensues; I will not be judgemental.

I am not, don't worry. I know there are some good chaps from NZ, but it's like the Aussies (always biased), South Africans (always dirty)... It's just a certain image that doesn't go away

You ignored the balanced reasonable posts then only responded to the one post that was slightly smug. Teh Mite did the same thing. I'd say the majority of the posts from NZers were pretty balanced.

You ignored the balanced reasonable posts then only responded to the one post that was slightly smug. Teh Mite did the same thing. I'd say the majority of the posts from NZers were pretty balanced.
And like I said, the way it felt like we were cheated (yes yes yes regardless of the chances that we could have still won) only made 2011 better.

I don't see how there's anything wrong with that. I would like someone to explain, without sounding condescending. :)

Like a moth to a flame.

Back on topic: So who wants to buy Hendrys book now the NZ tabloids have has their little, ahem, "moment"?

Like a moth to a flame.

Back on topic: So who wants to buy Hendrys book now the NZ tabloids have has their little, ahem, "moment"?
Lamp?(sorry, I thought we were saying random things...)

I would, if I can get it electronically. And see just how far the media stretched this. I still want to watch a live stream of Stephen Jones reading the book though... :D

I don't want his autobiography if match rigging is the most interesting thing he has to talk about. If he was secretly batman I might consider reading it, but if that's the best I can do I'd rather read about Paul O'Connell punching brick walls for an autobiography

I never said New Zealand didn't deserve the win in the final, it's just that France played better. Anyway, I don't have a problem with New Zealand in general, just some people who make it difficult to have a decent conversation. It's not just a NZ thing though. Icemn is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Never objectively arguing about something but always twisting everything to prove a point.

crap, don't pull me into this... do you really want to start something??? :D
i say the right things... you just don't want to admit...

i'm with TRF_Nick on this one!!! esp regarding the yellow card :? that was utter bullsh!t... then boks had an easy ride to the final... and they wane come tell me they are world champs 2007... offering nothing in the 4years building up to the world cup... playing the same crap rugby style the stormers and Allistair "you know" Coetzee tried to play this year...

GH wrote a book, surely it was going to be mentioned, now everyone is making it look like he held a press conferece with the media and going on about 2007 and how NZ was robbed...

76641.jpg

Scummy All Blacks.

Scummy post

Like a moth to a flame.

It's on my "Books i Never want to even hold in my hand" list along with Pdivvy, Julius Malema, Icemn and Cave Dweller's Autobiographies...

crap, don't pull me into this... do you really want to start something??? :D
i say the right things... you just don't want to admit...

i'm with TRF_Nick on this one!!! esp regarding the yellow card :? that was utter bullsh!t... then boks had an easy ride to the final... and they wane come tell me they are world champs 2007... offering nothing in the 4years building up to the world cup... playing the same crap rugby style the stormers and Allistair "you know" Coetzee tried to play this year...

GH wrote a book, surely it was going to be mentioned, now everyone is making it look like he held a press conferece with the media and going on about 2007 and how NZ was robbed...

Whoah, I never said the Springboks didn't deserve to win. NZ were very unlucky to lose in the QF, but South Africa deserved to win the tournament based on the fact they won the final. The point I did make was that if France played better rugby in the 2011 RWC final, then they would have won and that negative rugby is a feature of just about every RWC winning team.

I agree with the second point though, automatically dismissing Graham Henry as a cry baby and bad sport is unjustified. Taking the time to understand both the quote and the context would from my perspective, make these allegations towards Henry seem like a massive over-reaction.

Whoah, I never said the Springboks didn't deserve to win. NZ were very unlucky to lose in the QF, but South Africa deserved to win the tournament based on the fact they won the final.

the latter parts are my views sorry... and no, i feel you can call yourselves champions if you offered something in the years leading up the WC aswell... the boks under jake white were crap esp in 2006 & 2007 (think they scored a few intercept tries only)... but they played the same rugby the stormers played this year in the S15... and squeezed a WC ***le... its ugly but its a win...

GH has talked a lot about ugly winning... that is probably why he banned drop kicks... GH is a firm believer of running rugby... if GH decided to park the bus come 2011 RWC adn not play the AB usuall running game, just to better the odds of winning it... i would have stopped supporting the AB... that is what allistair coetzee did to the stormers this year, just to win it... and look now...

You cannot park the bus in rugby!

tell that to the stormers (whole S15 season)

the sharks vs reds (latter of the 2nd half - when reds were attacking like ****)

NZ vs france (2011 RWC final - last 10min) :( not out finest hour... but the AB put them selfs underpressure... regardless of the reason.. its still parking the bus...
luckily it was 10 min of bus parking vs 70min of AB rugby... otherwise i would have stopped supporting them...

Parking the bus is sticking every player behind the ball so actually I'm wrong because every team does it or else they'd be offside! Defense in itself cannot be a negative style of play. Teams can play negative attack or play the percentages. If you're annoyed at teams like the Stormers because their defense is so good that it often leads to less linebreaks for the other team well that's just stupid.

How were the Sharks 'parking the bus' against the Reds? They were defending while the Reds were trying for 20 minutes to get through. Is that parking the bus? No, that is defending without conceding points.

Please may I have your attention Ladies and Gentlemen

Stormers parking the bus against the Hurricanes in Super 15 2012

Yeah, you guess it, will park it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again andagain and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parking the bus is sticking every player behind the ball so actually I'm wrong because every team does it or else they'd be offside! Defense in itself cannot be a negative style of play. Teams can play negative attack or play the percentages. If you're annoyed at teams like the Stormers because their defense is so good that it often leads to less linebreaks for the other team well that's just stupid.
Well they denying tries but not scoring any themselves... squeezing a win... low points for, low points against... bit boring don't you think? win at any cost? parking the bus?
The stormers or Western Province are well known for their attacking play... and more importantly their tries... this year they decided to park the bus and kill games to get a win...

yes be good on defence, but offer something on attack too... saders are good at that, if not the best...

Latest posts