• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Graphics

D

doovepop

i've got the pc version, does any one else think that the graphics are crap, like player likeness is good but the graphics seems worse then rl1 on my xbox.
the goal posts look crap, they have rough edges and so do the players.
Does any one think it could be the fact that a computer screen is lots smaller then a tv.

Rugby league 2 is alright but little things like (below) **** me off
bloody too many knocks ons, realy kills online play.
graphics are rough around the edges.
pasees going to ground too much
too many intercepts.
ball pyshics are crap, all sidhe needed to do was tweak rl1 ball pyshics.
that crappy white circle under the ball is annoying same with it when you pass, too much of an arcady feel.
the kicking arrow is crap, looks crap, and also the arrow is to short when you move up and down.

I think if sidhe want to make rl3 they need someone that is a league nut
to tell them what to do for rl3.

Sidhe say they are league fans, but if they were they would of got rid of too many knock ons and too many injuries in franchise. etc

Rough edges? Not on my pc - they're fine. You need to turn on some anti-aliasing in your video card settings...

Originally posted by umosay@Dec 18 2005, 05:28 PM
Rough edges? Not on my pc - they're fine. You need to turn on some anti-aliasing in your video card settings...
Me too, Rugby League 2 looks nothing short of stunning on my PC, check your options doovepop. How good is your PC? From your comments I'm guessing you don't know a great deal about PC hardware, so it may not be good enough for the game to run at a high level.

Originally posted by doovepop@Dec 18 2005, 04:21 PM
Sidhe say they are league fans, but if they were they would of got rid of too many knock ons and too many injuries in franchise. etc
Use the sliders to better passing accuracy and catching stats, or even turn off knock ons all togeather if it bothers you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
that crappy white circle under the ball is annoying same with it when you pass, too much of an arcady feel.
the kicking arrow is crap, looks crap, and also the arrow is to short when you move up and down.[/b]
Here it just sounds like you're complaining for the sake of it... ball physics are fine IMO, but then I've been playing Rugby 2005 I guesss...
The circle under the ball is paramount in my opinion, as it tells you where bombs are going.
I don't know what's wrong with the arrow? I mean... it's an arrow FFS, it just gives you the direction of the kick.

AA doesnt seem to work for me, AF does,

AA on some players is there but the stadiums dont have AA

Does anyone else have crowd problems on their PC? Mine always studder which takes a bit away from the atmosphere.

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 18 2005, 07:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 18 2005, 07:23 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop
@Dec 18 2005, 04:21 PM

Use the sliders to better passing accuracy and catching stats, or even turn off knock ons all togeather if it bothers you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
the kicking arrow is crap, looks crap, and also the arrow is to short when you move up and down.[/b]
Here it just sounds like you're complaining for the sake of it... ball physics are fine IMO, but then I've been playing Rugby 2005 I guesss...
The circle under the ball is paramount in my opinion, as it tells you where bombs are going.
I don't know what's wrong with the arrow? I mean... it's an arrow FFS, it just gives you the direction of the kick. [/b]
QUOTE (doovepop @ Dec 18 2005, 04:21 PM)

the kicking arrow is crap, looks crap, and also the arrow is to short when you move up and down.

I don't know what's wrong with the arrow? I mean... it's an arrow FFS, it just gives you the direction of the kick.

The problem with the arrow is its shorter then the one in rl1
eg when I press w to kick and press up it will only get longer by a little bit which means only long kicks or short kicks no middle kicks etc.

I aposse the circle under the ball is'nt really a big deal, its just I would prefer more of an simulation then arcade.

I tried turning off knock ons, and it results in far too few turnovers, there needs to be knock ons, and the frequency of them is not too bad, the problem is when they occur. 9/10 times your guy drops the ball cold, and most of the time its when there is space in front of him. The reward you get for setting up a cool move is a knock on. Its a lazy way of making it tougher. knock ons need to be caused by big tackles!!! its not rocket science, they had it right in RL1. Cold knock ons in pro Rugby League are quite rare, its almost always because of contact of somekind(or a bad pass)Its just way too frustrating, creating an over lap and putting the ball right on your wingers chest only for a cold knock on.

Pass accuracy sliders hav no noticable effect on knock ons. I hav pass accuracy at 100 percent and its still the same.

Latest posts