• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Great Debate Rules and Regulations

S

St Helens RLFC

Righto.

In order for this forum to even exist I offered to become a moderator. I may be a global one, but this is MY forum. Without wishing to sound like a little Hitler, I WILL be strict and so, I have decided to come up with a few rules which I'd appreciate you all to follow.

1) There are two codes of rugby. DO NOT be ignorant and suggest there is only one.

2) This is an intelligent debate. Show your class by showing your INTELLIGENCE. DO NOT start name calling or making silly comments. Have a laugh by all means as long as it is in jest.

3) Have respect for fellow posters.

4) Have respect for me - I'm just doing my job.

5) Have fun and talk some rugby.

Any questions, PM me.

Dan

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 15 2004, 04:21 AM
1) There are two codes of rugby. DO NOT be ignorant and suggest there is only one.

5) Have fun and talk some rugby.
Doesnt rule 5 breach rule 1?
<

since no 1 else will start this argument i will, league is pathetic and its gettin worse by looking at sum of the crowds they are getting in oz for the semis utter **** reali

Originally posted by el_tk+Sep 26 2005, 08:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (el_tk @ Sep 26 2005, 08:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Sep 26 2005, 02:53 PM
yeah theres only one code in rugby.
*Cough

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
1) There are two codes of rugby. DO NOT be ignorant and suggest there is only one.[/b]
[/b]
I'm leaving this one up so St_Helens can give him a roasting, it's his thread after all.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Sep 26 2005, 08:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Sep 26 2005, 08:17 PM)</div>
Originally posted by el_tk@Sep 26 2005, 08:14 PM

*Cough

[/b]
I'm leaving this one up so St_Helens can give him a roasting, it's his thread after all. [/b]
No it isn't his thread. He just said it was. It was me and possibly Ripper too who wanted the Great Debate back.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Sep 26 2005, 11:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Sep 26 2005, 11:09 PM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Sep 26 2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by el_tk@Sep 26 2005, 08:14 PM

*Cough

I'm leaving this one up so St_Helens can give him a roasting, it's his thread after all. [/b]
No it isn't his thread. He just said it was. It was me and possibly Ripper too who wanted the Great Debate back. [/b]
He moderates it, not me. That's all I mean.

There is only one true code in rugby and that is the Union code!

Look at how many players switch from League to Union - Jason Robinson, Lote Tiqiri etc.?

And how many exactly switch from Union to League - I'm waiting for an answer!?
<

Coco

P.S No offence to any league fans and you St Helens. Looks like I'm going to get a roasting like Lora!

<

Originally posted by Coco@Dec 11 2005, 08:17 AM

Look at how many players switch from League to Union - Jason Robinson, Lote Tiqiri etc.?

<

Coco

P.S No offence to any league fans and you St Helens. Looks like I'm going to get a roasting like Lora!

<
Well in Australia we've had tonnes go from Union to league... Mostly cause of the money. Ricky Stuart was one of the bigger names, but it doesn't happen much anymore.

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 27 2005, 02:53 AM
As an unbiased viewer, union puts too much importance on the kicking game when it comes to scoring points.

Originally posted by Norseman+Dec 13 2005, 05:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Norseman @ Dec 13 2005, 05:27 PM)</div>
@Sep 27 2005, 02:53 AM
As an unbiased viewer, union puts too much importance on the kicking game when it comes to scoring points. [/b]
True. Penelties are unfortunately unchangable, as you'd be opening a can of worms with infringements, but drop goals should be weighted on distance IMO... if you get one within 40 metre's it should be 1 point, anything past that 3.

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 11 2005, 12:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 11 2005, 12:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Coco
@Dec 11 2005, 08:17 AM

<

Coco

<
Well in Australia we've had tonnes go from Union to league... Mostly cause of the money. Ricky Stuart was one of the bigger names, but it doesn't happen much anymore. [/b]
Funnily enough it seemed to dry up as soon as Rugby turned professional?

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 13 2005, 06:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 13 2005, 06:16 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 11 2005, 12:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Coco
@Dec 11 2005, 08:17 AM

<

Coco

<

Well in Australia we've had tonnes go from Union to league... Mostly cause of the money. Ricky Stuart was one of the bigger names, but it doesn't happen much anymore.
Funnily enough it seemed to dry up as soon as Rugby turned professional? [/b]
Very perceptive there ripper.

Latest posts