• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Great game stories, Tries , defeats,

I've scored a try off a PK that hit the post as SA.

Just finished AUS vs Tonga. Made a 54m kick with a 17kph crosswind! Yeah, I was right in front of the post, but it was not easy, and Giteau's not quite an ace kicker.

Also, attempted a 43m PK, and it lands in the end zone. And Tonga, after one man screws up the touchdown, just stands there and DOES NOTHING! My guys come in and land on it, getting me 5.

Bloody hell I've just had the best halve on the game ever. I bought the game into work today and stuck it on my Pc here. I've put my save files on a mem stick and so I thought I'd play a match with my recently promoted Hurricanes world league Elite team. This is my third match in the elite division, currently half time (end of my lunch break) and the score is 14 - 12 to the Crusaders. Now I've read in a couple of threads that Carter's kicking is ridiculous but didn't pay too much attention to it. This is the first time I've played against Carter and dang the kicks are just crazy, he kicks it from his 22 over my fullback's head, right into the ingoal area. The game is up and down like ping pong all over the field with the biggest tackles one after the other. The PC at work is higher spec than my peronal Pc at home and that makes such a huge difference with the game being so much faster and loads better.

Tale of the half
7 th min try by R. So'oialo from a ruck as set from set play
Hur 5 - 0
14th minute try to 15 from a perfectly executed "miss + B3" setplay see's Leon McDonald score in the corner - Awful defending by Nonu - Conversion Carter

HUR 5 - 7 CRU

19th min - Offloads sees So'oailo! breaking the midfield, drawing defender and putting Gear away in the corner for the try. - I was nearly standing on my desk - the girl opposite me was chocking with laughter
Gopperth converts

HUR 12 - CRU 7

35th min - HUGE Carter kick results in a lineout 5 metres from my try line. I throw short and they nicked it! Another perfect executed set play but fantastic defending keeps them out but at the ruck the ball goes to the blind with Mckaw doing a massive dive for the line - Carter converts

HUR 12 - CRU 14 .... TBC

Right...so I've asked the girl opposite me to keep an eye open while I finish the rest of the match and this is how it unfolds:

both teams took some time to warm up after the oranges and it was only in the 60 th minute that a try from a classic set play saw Conrad Smith Break the line and score a well deserved try under the sticks

HUR 19 - CRU 14

In the 73rd minute Laulala receives a nice offload from Flynn on the blind jinxing 2 defenders and score a beautiful try just left of the posts.

HUR 19 - CRU 21

Nailbiting stuff follows....

With only 4 minutes to go the kick off is taken by Gopperth and won by Collins who knocks it on. From the scrum Carter attempts the crosskick but the ball bounces into touch just inside the Hurricane's halve. Mahoney puts the ball in but it's stolen by Jack who taps the ball out to Prendergast who clears the ball to Carter....Collins comes barging through and before Carter gets the kick away nails him with a stiff arm....nearly taking his head off. The ref says "yellow mah boy, you're off son"

So this is how it ends...

Crusaders decide to take the punt (WTF) and Carter only puts the ball out a couple of metres from the Canes' 22. Flynn goes long with the throw to P Ralaban waiting at the back of the line only to be smeared by Gopperth on the 22. A ruck forms and Prendergast picks and goes just to get nailed in another big hit this time from Paku, knocking the ball loose. Scrum to the Canes.

Despite missing Collins the ball is won, I set up the loop set play and Gopperth swings the ball out to Paku who gets taken down by Mauger but not without offloading the ball to H.Gear who makes it as far as the Canes' 10 m line only to get tackled by Laulala. The ruck forms, Weepu finds ***o on the blind who pops the ball up to Tuipolotu and gets tackled by an off side defender.

80 Minutes!

The Canes decide to run the ball. Weepu takes the tap and is taken down by Mckaw but still manages to offload to Tana who takes the ball up to the half way line and forms another ruck. Weepu goes to the blind again, finding Paku who offloads inside to Mahoney gaiining another 5 m and forms another ruck, again Weepu goes to the blind finding ***o and quickly to H.Gear, the defender is bounced off, Gear steps inside but is tackled by Leon McDonald and another ruck is formed 5 m from the Crusader's 22. By now the monentum gauge is off the charts so I set up the "miss" setplay, Gopperth swings it out to , lovely pass hanging in the air for Paku to run into it, picks the gap - SCORE!!! 24 - 21.

Afterwards I realised I could've gone for the safe option and go for the drop goal but I'm from the southern hemisphere we don't naturally think about dropgoals.

Conversion is succesfull and the Hurricanes wins the Match 26 -21.

Brilliant!

S14 two massive games. Playing
Sharks VS Canterbury Elite

Can`t believe it but I beat Canterbury 13-10 which has always been a challenge for me with sharks. I played an extremely tactical game with Monty running the show at 10 and Kiel having a great game at inside centre.

Off I go to meet Tah`s next feeling quietly confident.

I lost 29-15 but what a game it was even steven`s until midway way throught the second half when all hell broke loose and it was end to end tries right until the final when I crossed for a consolation try with Pienaar.

Also got sold my first dummie from the AI. Hewat with a great run down the side line with Sailor in support I could swear blind he was going to pass it to Sailor and then DOH!!!! Sold and its Hewat under the sticks.

I lost but just really enjoyed the game as it was all action.

Yeeeaahhhaaa got mates coming round for Rugby Comp tonight first time on Multi-Player so should be :cheers:

I played the game last night for the first time..........spent about 4 hours playing nonstop.

This game is soooo good.........the gameplay,look and feel, everything is awesome.
im really stoked. didnt expect it to be this different to 2005.

firstly the gameplay is much faster than 2005.
I played my first game on elite with the sharks vs cheetahs.
i eventually won 19-10. the cheetahs played a kicking game(like they do) but they came back strong in the end.

my 2nd game i played with SA vs NZ(elite). holy crap tana umaga destroyed me in the midfield, no one can tackle him!! and it looks like theres a rocket on the ball when carter kicks it!!!!!.
anyway i was down 21-0 at half time.
second half i started using habana. holy **** hes devastating. he side stepped rico gear and muliana in a row to score. then scored another.....then another.

it was drawn at 21-21 but then good old carter slotted a drop kick from the 10m to win in the end.

The AI's attacking is fast and awesome. its amazing how it picks up when theres a gap and hits it fast.

playing s14 now - beat cheetahs 39-10, lost to chiefs and lost to crusaders with a penalty try at the end.

cheers :cheers:

was playing as cheifs (in wl) vs new castle. my first game against a team with a star player. they scored a try, then i scored 2, they scored one, i scored one, and then they scored one. locked up at 21 all, i got another try under the posts and started feeling lucky, got the kick, 7pts up, with 10min on the clock to go. they score a very quick try out on the wing, and miss the kick. im still up by 2pts. after the kick off, they manage to make there way 10m into my half. im thinking to myself, there must be a turn over soon, just box kick out of the feild as soon as possible. it didnt happen. a break by a foward got them about 20m into my half, and then i saw the impossible. they use the set play of "pocket". wilkinson gets the ball 40m from the posts, drop goal. way into extra time, and i lose by one point, to bring my first loss, in world league.

NZ also did the "pocket" set play on me. there was no way of charging him down like in 2005.

Latest posts