• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Great game stories, Tries , defeats,

I am currently playing a Tri-Nations with my wife Amy and one of our flatmates Andrew on X-Box.

I'm Australia (had 7 multiplayer games and had to have them as their lowest ranked at 89), Andrew has South Africa (had 5 games) and Amy has New Zealand (as shes played it least, about 4 games).

After beating Amy 55-12 in the first game, Andrew walked into the lounge, saw the score on the screen and said "Ok, should Amy even be in this?" as he thought she must have been worse at this than Rugby 05 which she quite decent at.

I said, "I dunno Andy, I think for once I'm going to let you have the underdog tag!", he said "Whatever"

And we sat down to play......

At halftime I was up 56-7 and I had to point out that I'd only scored 55 against Amy in our whole game.

At fulltime it was 91-7. He was absolutely gutted. He always takes a couple of weeks at any game to become a challenge and this was the worst score he'd ever had against him in any game of videogame Rugby, going back as far as Rugby World Cup 1995 on the Sega!

Now he's playing Amy in their game as we speak, and guess what?

She's leading him 17-12 with 10 minutes to go! He's fuming, but hey, he opened his mouth!

We're playing on Pro (to give them a chance to get to grips with the new edition a little more), with 10 minute games.

This game is going to be the best fun and arguement starter to hit our flat, well, ever!

Just scored a scorcher of a try in the world Cup SA vs Tonga. Tonga almost score a try in the corner only for Chavanga to pick the ball up at the ruck he breaks all the way to the half way before being hauled down by the Tongan fullback

A couple of short balls around the fringes and I am onto their 22m I feed the ball up and Monty takes it up and wide passes to Fourie and he cuts back in towards the post to draw the fullback as Monty has looped around him, as Fourie gets tackled he passes and I am not sure if you will believe but it was kind of a blind pass behind his back it loops over monty with Habana tearing down the sideline, the ball is coming down just past him he reaches out with one hand catches the ball and dots it down.

Only really saw all the detail in the replay but dam it was sweet.

Another great try Tri-Nations vs All Blacks they are giving me all sorts of problems and it is not Carter but old Umanga the player that always seems to cause me trouble in this game smashing through tackles and scoring great tries.

Anyway Blacks are camped in my 22m and I defending for my life only to nick the ball at the break down again. Chavange who I rate in this game breaks away up the touch line draws Mils on his shoulder Schalk is in support runs it to the half way before being brought down, Blacks slow the ball and instead of going in field I break blind and Du Preez(Januarie is injured) feeds Chavange again he takes it to just outside their 22m and guess who is on his shoulder? Habana has run from the opposite wing and is in support Mils tackles Chavange again up pops the X for offload and Habana is away and there is no stopping this man once he is in full swing try under the posts.

I still lose to the Blacks who win the Bled and Tri- Nations.

Yeah , the ABs are making life very difficult for me to lead Wales to World Cup Final. I've replayed the semi 5 times and Dan Carter has knocked over a drop goal twice in the last five minutes to win and once in extra time , I'll keep trying until I get better ........ or else Mr Carter is going to have to be taken out early

the AI scored a scorcher against me earlier! the game was an absolute corker too!

I was wales in the 6 nations and the AI was Italy. I seriously considered this match to be a complete whitewash as i had beaten scotland before easily and i thought 4 tries would be easy to get.
i was playing on elite with 5 minute halfs. Straight away the Italians kept stealing my ball and i couldnt get anything working in the backs, as soon as they would get in my half and i was knocking them basck in defence they had to take the points with the drop goal. they did this several times but i didnt get worried about it. I hit back a few times with penalties from steven jones to make the scores 6-6.

Then the Italians stunned me, with Pez breaking through a weak tackle and then passing it off to Bergamasco who had a 2 on 1 with Thomas at fullback. I thought i would be able to wait for the pass and then tackle the winger but Bergamasco threw an amazing dummy, like none ive seen on the game before and Thomas was sprawled on the floor! he then scored under the posts! they then converted to make it 13-6.

There was only about 4 minutes of game time left and i was getting worried having only landed 1 more penalty to make it 13-9 and the italians looked on top. Then when the clock was on 80:00 i had to keep it in play and i managed to put a few phases together before henson made a clean break after a fantastic handoff before offloading from the fullbacks tackle to Gareth thomas to plonk under the posts, thank you very much 7 points!! The final whistl goes and i win 16-13 in a very hard fought game but i was definately punching the air at the end of that match!!

Just had game Sharks vs Canterbury on Elite and I really tore into them and scored a early try with Canterbury not even looking interested in the game!!

Then as I am lulled into thinking sh*t this game is to easy on elite Canterbury start to run the show tactically and there forwards start to eat mine alive the next thing i know I am defending for my life the the rest of the game with 2 great tries from Senio and a cracker from Gear. I lost 21-7 but still really enjoyed the game.

Man and almost forgot the game against the Chiefs an absolute classic with the game flowing from end to end a bit like Lomu of yesterday. The one try I scored brought a smile to my face which no game has done since Lomu.

I break with monty from my 22 hand off one of the chiefs and get tackled by Mils my players are in support and one of the chiefs are pinged for hands in the ruck.

Monty steps up and hoofs the ball into touch on there 22 man can monty hoof it!!! A bit unrealistic in this game as the man could kick start Boeing 747`s for a living.

I take the ball and set up a rolling maul till about half way in there 22 Pienaar passes to Butch off a set play Butch runs Kiel makes a decoy run Butch dummies and then passes to Monty and he gets tackled only to offload to Bobo who makes a beeline for the corner and dives over the try line with a Chiefs player on his back ahhhh the satisfaction.

Man great game last night England VS SA WC on elite. Game ended 29-22 to England after one of the toughest games I have had yet on 06. But the one thing that really stood out in this game was Dam Robinson & Lewsey on the counter absolutley tore me to ****** every time that I did not put the ball in touch. Really made me change my game plan and the fear of god into me everytime they got the ball.

This game is not perfect but there are a hell of alot of great things about it that weigh out the small bugs unlike RL2.

:bravo: A game that will last till the next installment all I ever wanted :D

I started playing the WC on elite first go, flogged teams like Spain, Japan and Russian. Then came France and got absolutely pwned 47-10, i was shocked and happy. The AI is so much improved in 06

Lovin it

This one time my fullback caught the ball, sidestepped the chaser, and sprinted...............oh wait i dont have the damn game yet!!!!!!!!!

Had a absolutely blinding match last night.

World Championship Final - Millenium Stadium
South Africa (CPU) 35-40 New Zealand (Me): after extra-time.

I went 7-0 up very early on with Howlett touching down in the corner and thought it might be abit of a walkover, but I couldn't have been more wrong! South Africa hit back soon after, scoring after a powerful maul from a line-out on my 22. 7-7. They were then rampant, Habana and Montgomery doing most of the damage and before I knew it, it was 28-7 in their favour at half-time.

I stand up, swear, crash about and basically release my frustration having played so well for the whole tournament but so far not turned up for the final. I sit down again, calm and focused on forging a miraculous comeback!

Pretorius gets the second half going by reversing the kick off. Rokocoko goes up for it and completely misses it, leaving Paulse clear to race into the corner. Montgomery again converts from the touchline to make it 35-7! Now I'd given up all hope and so very, very nearly pressed the reset button but I decided to fight on and see how close I could get.

I changed my tactics. Instead of trying to throw the ball about the backs, I used the forwards abit more, with great effect! I replied almost immediately, making it 35-14. South Africa hardly saw the ball after that. They just couldn't stop me! Gaps were appearing all over the place and with players like Howlett, Gear, Rokocoko, Umaga and Carter in my side, I was constantly in their 22.

Finally, with the score having been 35-28 for a while, a gap appeared in the centre of the Springbok defence, which Umaga happily filled! Montgomery made a great attempt to stop him, but couldn't. 35-35 with Carter kicking the crucial conversion. Into extra time we go! After that half, I was buzzing, amazed at my comeback from what looked like certain defeat. I thought to myself there is no way I'm losing now, and there wasn't!

Carter caught the kick off, ran on through the centres. With players all around me, I decide to grubber kick it on to see what would happen. Carter gets to it and picks it up with Montgomery breathing down his kneck. I see Umaga is on his shoulder, so just before Montgomery has a go at Carter, I pass to Umaga. Bam! Under the posts! 40-35 and the World Cup to New Zealand!

I've never taken so much pleasure from winning a game with New Zealand! :bana:

well...i have rug 06 on pc..

*cough*

new zealand vs southafrica

me being the allblacks....btw the difficulty is on elite.

10 minutes before halftime and its still 0-0 i perform a crosskick for my man rokocoko...instead to see habana catch it and run in under the sticks for a heart breaking try leading into the break.

after the chit chatter from the all blacks coach, 2mins into the second half kevin mealamu crashes over for try 10 metres from the sideline, carter missing the kick.

7-5 to south africa

CHECK THIS OUT!

into extra time it still stands for 7-5 to south afica..Habana tries for a clearance kick attempting to go for touch to end the game...when all of a sudden the ball lands into jerry collins' hands...passes it to carter (this is on the half way line) then offloads to tana umaga which bursts through a gap, left with 2 defenders in front of him, tana umaga grubber's the ball past the legs of the first defender and kicks it again, away from the fullbacks hands, picks it up and runs through the sticks for a brilliant try!!!

12-7 New Zealands win....i recorded the try on fraps...but it turned out to be 261 mbs....

Just got to say that this game rocks on multiplayer. I played my brother at the weekend, who has never played an earugby game before. It took him 2-3 matches to get the hang of it but soon picked it up. We played Ireland v Figi a few times. My fijians scored some cracking tries, including a length of the pitch effort by Rabeni after sidestepping O'Driscoll on his own goal line. Everytime i pulled away, he would get one back, with Hickie benifitting from the breaks from his centres. I marked O'Driscoll really heavily after he went through my team a few times but then Darcy would break and give for Hickie to outpace the cover and get back. As the fijians started to tire, i couldn't outpace the Ireland defence so easily, but scored again with some crazy offloading on the goal line giving the try for one of my forwards in the corner, but the conversion was missed, leaving the score at 40-35 to me with 5 mins remaining. Deep into injury time i won the ball back but missed touch, and Dempsey ran back, but was tackled easily on his own 22. up steps O'Driscoll to slip a tackle and break through. With just the fullback to beat i knew i had to stop him sidestepping me so i moved to the side to get an easier tackle on him. He sidesteps, i carry on running back with him, and the fijian seems to jump on his back in an attempted tackle only to fall flapping at his feet and watch him saunter off under the posts!!!!

this game i soooo good on multiplayer when playing good pacey teams. Defence becomes so difficult you end up with end to end rugby, with most plays resulting in a break, either to score or to be caught by the cover defence and turned over.

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 28 2006, 08:07 PM
well...i have rug 06 on pc..

*cough*

new zealand vs southafrica

me being the allblacks....btw the difficulty is on elite.

10 minutes before halftime and its still 0-0 i perform a crosskick for my man rokocoko...instead to see habana catch it and run in under the sticks for a heart breaking try leading into the break.

after the chit chatter from the all blacks coach, 2mins into the second half kevin mealamu crashes over for try 10 metres from the sideline, carter missing the kick.

7-5 to south africa

CHECK THIS OUT!

into extra time it still stands for 7-5 to south afica..Habana tries for a clearance kick attempting to go for touch to end the game...when all of a sudden the ball lands into jerry collins' hands...passes it to carter (this is on the half way line) then offloads to tana umaga which bursts through a gap, left with 2 defenders in front of him, tana umaga grubber's the ball past the legs of the first defender and kicks it again, away from the fullbacks hands, picks it up and runs through the sticks for a brilliant try!!!

12-7 New Zealands win....i recorded the try on fraps...but it turned out to be 261 mbs....
Sounds good and a contender for try of the month. Download winrar from the internet and then compress it and post it in try of the month for March and people will be able to save target uncompress and watch it :D

Just when I though I had seen it all the AI comes out with an amazing try - Newcastle V Edinburgh. Johnny Wilkinson gets the ball just behind the 22, looks left and put in a beautifully weighted kick to the corner. I thought he was going for the corner, but the ball lands perfectly in the wingers hands who scores in the corner!

Its true they pull off some classics. The one thing about this game is there are some special moments man that make me smile.

Was playing France(me)VsEngland on elite which was a killer for me and I eventually one 12-10, after a game that I could not relax for one minute or England would tear me to pieces.

The one thing that was impressive is that it was one of my players that stood out for once and not the AI Michalak was an absolute hand full for England all game penetrating runs, clearing his lines, 2 massive hand offs and the man was everywhere.

Dam if you let the AI lull you into thinking you have an easy game for one second they will punish you.

I am not sure how much this game is testing people on other views but I find it a good challenge on Side view :cheers:

Originally posted by TheBokke@Mar 1 2006, 05:15 AM
Its true they pull off some classics. The one thing about this game is there are some special moments man that make me smile.

Was playing France(me)VsEngland on elite which was a killer for me and I eventually one 12-10, after a game that I could not relax for one minute or England would tear me to pieces.

The one thing that was impressive is that it was one of my players that stood out for once and not the AI Michalak was an absolute hand full for England all game penetrating runs, clearing his lines, 2 massive hand offs and the man was everywhere.

Dam if you let the AI lull you into thinking you have an easy game for one second they will punish you.

I am not sure how much this game is testing people on other views but I find it a good challenge on Side view :cheers:
this game is full of great moments, a bit like PES soccer! I 'nearly' scored a really good try the other day as Scotland (me) V wales (AI) - I went for a long drop goal, the ball hit the post, and landed in the hands of my winger who was chasing up to score under the post, only to be tackled over the line, have the ball knocked out of his hands for a knock on! Madness and so random!

I also scored a great try with my number 12 - passed the ball out from the ruck, the number twelve did a grubber through the opposition line, chased the ball, did a football style kick when he reached the ball, chased after it again, picked it up again, passed right to my winger, who sidesteps the full back to score under the posts. And this was in the world cup final!

Latest posts