• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Greatest Rugby Moment

Joel Stransky`s drop against kiwis in 95! Best moment of my life!

I was in the student ticket area, behind the posts, and i`ve seen that ball coming to me!

Rob Howley winning the Heineken Cup for Wasps in 2004:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RuG_pjmtKxM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RuG_pjmtKxM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

UNBELIEVABLE!

Rob Howley winning the Heineken Cup for Wasps in 2004:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RuG_pjmtKxM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RuG_pjmtKxM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

UNBELIEVABLE!
[/b]

That was an amazing play! did the guy on the white uniform got fired? :)

cheers

This was my memory something ill never forget it helped me get over nerves...

The greatest rugby memory and moment or the most intimidating moment should i add for me was when i was playing for the U19s and we were preparing our selves to play South Africa U19s at eden park in Auckland i was 17 at the time and South Africa had annihilated every team for the past 3 years in this competition. We were in our changing rooms getting ready for the big game huddled up together psyching up and getting talked to at the same time by our coach who was Andy Dalton at the time.

Down the corridor which was about 3 changing rooms down you could hear the South Africans in there changing rooms chanting and the sound of there sprig's clashing on the ground made you think there were 50 players jumping in the air...Then the sound of there sprigs got louder as they past our changing room door, every 1 of those player's punched and banged on the door as they passed our changing room..shouting "LETS GO! ..LETS GO!" BANG BANG BANG!

That little bit of intimidation meant South Africa already had the edge over us even before we hit the field Of course our team got intimidated from that time and throughout the intire match. We went down to them 30-28 we beat them on trys scored but we got hammered by penalty's. S.A got under our skins and fustrated our stroppy boys which cost us the game for them lashing back

Theres a lesson for all in this story :cheers:

That was an amazing play! did the guy on the white uniform got fired? :)

cheers
[/b]

You can see him playing for France in the Rugby World Cup from Friday :D

Best Rugby Moment: 1985, Pumas 21 - All Blacks 21, in Buenos Aires. Hugo Porta scored 4 penalties and 3 drop goals to score every point for Argentina. In the end, Ure (Argentina´s number 8), drop the ball entering New Zealand´s ingoal after a 5 meter scrum!

After that day, there have been lots of great victories for the Pumas: 24-14 against France in Marseille, in 2004; 23-19 Against Scotland in Murrayfield, in 2005; and lots of home victories against almost every team, except from New Zealand and South Africa.

But that draw, with Porta´s 21 points was unique and impossible to repeat: every single player in that Pumas team was amateur, and trained only 2 or 3 nights a day, after returning from theyr jobs.
What an achievent, Pumas!

Guscott's drop and the Lions victory over SA in '97. The NH saying actuall we can stand toe to toe and win in the SH. Gave the 6N sides hope against the 3N and possibly changed the game.

The great moment that I lived was in 3/4 99' final versus Ireland with try of Diego Albanese.

And now with the final whistle of the battle of the Stade de France the 7 of September.

As a french, i'd say both in 1999 when we won against the All Blacks that was crazy man, also when we won the made the grand chelem at 6 nations in 2002, and also the firt win of a world by by South Africa in 1995

Greatest rugby moment was when johnny slotted over the winning field goal in 2003.
Not just that im an englishman living in Australia but the fact that i was at a venue with around 700 aussies and around 100 brits!!

Best night since Man Utd won the champions league.

tho im not a SA, it has to be the 1995 win. that was just epic man, to see a country so scarred by apartheid and then win the cup united, just great.

emmmmmmm not the greatest but worth noting
drcio announces himself on the scene in 2001 with 3 tries in paris

As an ABs supporter reading this forum has reminded me of some of the worst rugby moments in my life!!

The best, the previously mentioned Jonah Lomu tries (1995 RWC & 2000 vs Australia) and the moment when NZ won the series over South Africa in 1996. Sean Fitzpatrick absolutely exhausted raising his arms and smiling (much better than Phil Kearns giving him the fingers and a mouthful!).

hmm one good one was Carlos Spencer try vs crusdars at home in 03 length of the field stuff with 30secs to go!

Latest posts