• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Greatest Rugby Moment

My favourite UNION moment is Rob Andrews' drop goal from the half way line against Australia in 1995. Absolutely unbelievable moment.

My favourite moment, considering i was too young to appreciate Wales reaching the semi finals in the world cup, has to be without a shadow of a doubt beating Ireland in Cardiff '05.
Grand Slam day and Cardiff absolutely erupted - not experienced anything like that before or since.
Awesome.

My favourite moment, considering i was too young to appreciate Wales reaching the semi finals in the world cup, has to be without a shadow of a doubt beating Ireland in Cardiff '05.
Grand Slam day and Cardiff absolutely erupted - not experienced anything like that before or since.
Awesome.
[/b]
I was at a Welsh pals house that day wearing my Ireand shirt (because it's fun to have the banter).

By the end of that, the drunken taffy was having the time of his life dancing about his living room with a stuffed dragon!

yep, great tire, from another era, wish we could see more of that nowadays
[/b]

-Waikato ending the dynasty of Auckland rugby after 8 years of dominance by winning the Ranfurly Shield in 1993.
- Lomu scoring the winning try in extra-time in the 'test of the century' in 2000 against the Aussies.
- ABs tearing up Eden Park in 1987 final.

Favourite World Cup Game Ever? Australia vs France Semi-Final 1987. My favourite Non-All Black Rugby team ever is the French one of '87 and Blanco's try was awesome.

greatest rugby moment...

Eales slotting that kick in Wellington in extra time...

second greatest moment..

Mortlock slotting that kick in Durban in extra time...

2000 was a good year...

By the end of that, the drunken taffy was having the time of his life dancing about his living room with a stuffed dragon!
[/b]

There's just no shame with some of us.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

There's just no shame with some of us.
[/b][/quote]

I blamed it on the mix of Guinness, Sambuca and Jack Daniels he'd been drinking since 10 am. Still, I never forgave him for the deafeningly loud Shirley Bassey for the following 35 minutes.

yup must agree wit MunsterMan, ireland ripping england apart in croker, i ws dare nd all so it stands out more 4 me!!

Lomu scoring the winning try in extra-time in the 'test of the century' in 2000 against the Aussies.

The world cup win was a pretty special moment.

Sadly Bath haven't been able to deliver much but the last-minute win over Gloucester in extra-time thanks to Andy Williams head made me feel pretty smug.

For me my favourite rugby moment is rugby going professional.

It has vastly improved the standard of rugby and also the coverage of rugby as well.

It now means that rugby runs virtually 365 days of the year and no matter where you are you can almost always tune into a game on any Saturday somewhere in the world.

And also the players that make the game great are adequately rewarded for their part in making the game as good as it is instead of having to make huge sacrifices.

Favourite Rugby moments are when Perth got a Super 14 team.

The time we were screwed out of the win against the Crusaders and of course the first win...awesome..

Awesome. [/b]

Top 3:

1. Grand Slam - almost worth waiting another 30 years for - almost!
2. Lomu steamrolling the England back line in RWC95
3. Zinzan's drop goal again in RWC95 - the cheek of it!

for me, 3 moments stand out.....

1. Jonnys drop goal, just remember watching go over and going absolutley mental
2. Saints vs Biarittz, great win

3. Was there in that corner where ben cohen scored in the last seconds, and then for bruce to kick from the touchline and win it for us, magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTM3195zGmo

greatest rugby moment...

Eales slotting that kick in Wellington in extra time...

second greatest moment..

Mortlock slotting that kick in Durban in extra time...

2000 was a good year... [/b]

Wellington and the larkham ''99 RWC semi drop goal.

Bourke and the gregan tackle also get an honourable mention.

Worst moment was the best for many poms. As soon as rogers kicked that ball into touch most of us knew exactly what was going to happen.

Lomu running over Gavin Hastings in the WC. The English game was impressive but seeing him run over Hastings (my hero at the time) was simply awesome.

For me its either the Grand Slam decider of 05, or last seasons Heineken Cup match between Ospreys and Sale Sharks with Shane Williams try in the 86th minute after the Ospreys keeping the ball alive for 6 minutes and then James Hook's match winning conversion to win it 17-16. Its always nice to win but when you win by a point in injury time it makes it so much more exstatic in the stands

Latest posts