• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro 12 2014/15: Round 21

I don't think that was soft. In from the side, led with a forearm, and head butted another man on the head! I thought it was a red. In terms of the game, red or yellow, he would have been off for the rest of the game.

Ugh ffs like. Have to respect the resilience of Ulster, but that's a result I don't think either side wanted.

Great composure from Paddy in the end there, lovely pass and great kick. Encouraging to see from an Ireland perspective.

Fair result. Paddy Jackson deserves a return to 22 jersey for Ireland. His passing impressed me

Fair result? Meh, Munster would have been put away a while ago in my opinion if Ulster didn't drop so many simple balls.

Fair result? Meh, Munster would have been put away a while ago in my opinion if Ulster didn't drop so many simple balls.

True but I think the way we battled back up there was superb. Ravenhill is a tough place and we survived. It leaves us with a home semi in our own hands in a way. I think a 5 pointer will do the trick for us. Can't see Glasgow getting a 5 pointer or Ospreys

Last edited:
Its been a poor week for Scottish Rugby, 2 big losses for Edinburgh and Glasgow and could be losing our 7's teams. Hopefully next week things will look up.

Hopefully next week things will look up.

No indeed!

Ulster to score 4 tries and nil Glasgow.

Connacht to beat the Ospreys

The mighty Dragons to slay the brave and faithful.

All roads lead to Ravenhill for the semi-final!! :cool:

[note: the accuracy of this post may go down as well as up]

Just on the red card. There was a similar case in Super Rugby this weekend too in Cheetahs game. It was a red also. Can't say it was harsh. It was possibly reckless but no malice I accept and in fairness none of our boys reacted in a way to force a red. I think it was probably the correct call but as I said it was just reckless and I think deserves nothing long. It was easily a yellow so the decision wouldn't of harmed the game/result anyway as he would've been off the field for the remainder regardless.

The problem is; you see it happen several times during a game without punishment.

It does become quite annoying when your team seems to be frequently caught up in a law clarification or re-emphasis. Payne, McCloskey and now Henderson. All 3 were in some way changes to the accepted interpretation of the laws or accepted punishment for the misdemeanour.

The problem is; you see it happen several times during a game without punishment.

It does become quite annoying when your team seems to be frequently caught up in a law clarification or re-emphasis. Payne, McCloskey and now Henderson. All 3 were in some way changes to the accepted interpretation of the laws or accepted punishment for the misdemeanour.

That's a fair point but the more it happens within a team the more they get watched. As I said earlier I don't think it was with intent or malice just simply reckless. And it had no effect on game because we all agree it was a yellow regardless which meant his game was done anyways. My point regards the red in Cheetahs game was - it'll be interesting. 2 similar cases. What will the sanctions be? 2 similar sanctions (before previous behaviour and any deductions for good behaviour) or will the way both panels see the game be shown up.

My point regards the red in Cheetahs game was - it'll be interesting. 2 similar cases. What will the sanctions be? 2 similar sanctions (before previous behaviour and any deductions for good behaviour) or will the way both panels see the game be shown up.

That is one aspect. It'll indeed be interesting - this will be somewhat different from Paulie-gate in that the referee issued a red, but still... inter-pros are IRFU panel only is that right?

Another is - will referees now start throwing out a plethora of cards for players diving into rucks like American footballers rather than binding?

If they did, I would support them (referees) 100%. It is a dangerous aspect of the game and needs to be eradicated ASAP. However, if they don't and this is a one-off, I'll be f__king livid and I feel with good justification.

That is one aspect. It'll indeed be interesting - this will be somewhat different from Paulie-gate in that the referee issued a red, but still... inter-pros are IRFU panel only is that right?

Another is - will referees now start throwing out a plethora of cards for players diving into rucks like American footballers rather than binding?

If they did, I would support them (referees) 100%. It is a dangerous aspect of the game and needs to be eradicated ASAP. However, if they don't and this is a one-off, I'll be f__king livid and I feel with good justification.

No it's a Pro12 panel so it is possible there will be Welsh or Scottish representatives. Paul O'Connell's case (I'm presuming regarding Dave Kearney) was thrown out, well deemed to have no case to answer by Eddie Walsh of IRFU but signed off by Ray Wilton.

Didn't have a chance to comment over the weekend, but that try by Webb against Edinburgh was sexy as hell. Barely broke stride to put in a beautiful chip over Matawalu in quite poor conditions at the time.

If he can keep this going into and during the WC, he's really going to boost our chances. He's such a threat around the fringes, so there's going to be more room in midfield and out wide.

Ospreys are looking good atm. Wouldn't bet against them winning the Pro12 this season.

Didn't have a chance to comment over the weekend, but that try by Webb against Edinburgh was sexy as hell. Barely broke stride to put in a beautiful chip over Matawalu in quite poor conditions at the time.

If he can keep this going into and during the WC, he's really going to boost our chances. He's such a threat around the fringes, so there's going to be more room in midfield and out wide.

Ospreys are looking good atm. Wouldn't bet against them winning the Pro12 this season.

Racist

Just on this. Heard its a Welsh commission Henderson will appear in front of.

Webb against Edinburgh ? pretty sure we played the Dragons at the weekend, not the ospreys ;)

Latest posts