• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Habana or Rokokoko

Guys can we please bring some facts in this topic. It's obvious your personal opinions are cutting it for either one.
It'll be interesting to see statistically who is better. All their first class stats and records, for clubs and country.

One thing people also need take in consideration is the teams these individuals play for. Is it not harder to for Habana to score tries as the flyhalves and centre midfields he plays with, more often than not, aren't up to the standard as Rokocoko's? Hence having fewer opportunities

Just a thought

Joe Rokocoko.

International test matches: 48 caps, 43 tries

Super 14: 43 caps, 16 tries

Provincial: 16 caps, 5 tries

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bryan Habana.

International test matches: 36 caps, 30 tries

Super 14: 25 caps, 16 tries

Provincial: 27 caps, 21 tries

Joe Rokocoko.

International test matches: 48 caps, 43 tries

Super 14: 43 caps, 16 tries

Provincial: 16 caps, 5 tries

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bryan Habana.

International test matches: 36 caps, 30 tries

Super 14: 25 caps, 16 tries

Provincial: 27 caps, 21 tries
[/b]
Thanx for that w_cullen. I'm sitting with a Rugby World magazine in front of me saying

Super 14: 39 caps, 24 tries for Habana

Maybe that stat you got is only covering the Super 14 competition and not the Super 12

Habana just mainly outpaces everyone, it's great for a the first few times he scores, 'woop look how quick he is' but quickly it gets boring. Roko is the more skillfull player, easily.

what about cacau, anyone seen how awesome his tries are? lol

i reckon he eat's both these two for breakfast..

Habana just mainly outpaces everyone, it's great for a the first few times he scores, 'woop look how quick he is' but quickly it gets boring. Roko is the more skillfull player, easily.
[/b]

You obviously do not watch enough rugby because you obviously havent seen Habana's prodigious boot, crunching tackles, skillful chips ahead or amazing ability to evade tackles(ie samoa game, england tests in SA)

Between Habana and Roks, would have to pick Roks. His form is certainly nothing like in 2003/4, but the same can be said for the whole team . Habana has had his best year so far, but Roks has got this X factor that does it for me. His 2005 3N try is just amazing.

Apart from those two, I'd go for Vincent Clerc, deadly finisher and one of the very best wingers in the world right now, and David Smith, very special kid.

His form is certainly nothing like in 2003/4, but the same can be said for the whole team
[/b]
Errr the All Blacks lost only 5 out of 45 games in the time between RWC 2003 and RWC 2007

3 of those against the Boks ;)

Brian Habana unfortunately. He has the uncanny ability to sniff out tries and has added alot to his game. Joe is a hot and cold winger so I give it to Habana

It is far too difficult to deduce who is the better player. Both have different skills and in situations would act differently. Looking at their stats they same to have the same try-scoring record. Habana obviously has the gas on Joe, but Joe has the strength on Bryan* They both have a good step and an averagely good boot but even more important they both can tackle.

Even saying that I'd rather have Joe when the choice is between himself and Habana. Though given a wider choice I'd choose David Smith, Cacau, Nonu and even Jonah Lomu (mainly because I love that fella)

For me, rokocoko is better than habana.... but henry doesn't leave play he very much

For me, it's Bryan Habana. ;)
But Rokocoko is a great player too but I prefer Habana. It's just my oppinion ;)

Habana, no question. RWC showed his class. Roko is awesome (unfortunately too frequently against England) but Habana is something else

Latest posts