• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Habana or Rokokoko

Who is better in your opinion?Habana or Rokokoko?
[/b]
Habana by a country mile, Roko is a winger who does brilliant things, Habana is just brilliance who plays on the wing. Look at some of the tries that Habana scores from stand stills, just by footwork, pure poetry and really not what most wingers usually do...

I would say Brian Habana is the better of the two. I think he has the better awareness - his try against Argentina in the World Cup semi-finals being a case in point by the way he intercepted a pass.

Habana is faster (just) and seems to get more intercepts, is better from standing start and maks space
Rokocoko is a bit taller and relies on his inside players to create space when he then smokes everyone

SA vs NZ with sivivatu playing would give us a habana vs rokocoko face off, i want that match to happen

Habana has been the more effective player, and consistently so as well. Having said that, I enjoy Rokocoko's tries more - there's an awesome grace to the way he moves.

i would have to say rocko althrough i still think habana is still an awsome player thou :D :D :D

This is fo the technical guys - Habana is unofficialy the fastest player ever to step onto a Rugby field - he can run 100 metres in 10.4 seconds - and if he really wanted to he could challenge for the world record of 9.73

This is fo the technical guys - Habana is unofficialy the fastest player ever to step onto a Rugby field - he can run 100 metres in 10.4 seconds - and if he really wanted to he could challenge for the world record of 9.73
[/b]
he was outrun by that American guy...Nwengya or whatever his name was.

anyway, I prefer Habana, I absolutely loved his kick and chase try against argentina.

Habana for pace but Roks for Strength and Agility as shown in Nz vs Saf 2005 tri-nations when he ran through 5 tacklers.

for pure skill it would be joe.

for being able to run the length of the field it would be habana, habana has pace and can intercept but some of the passes and sidesteps that joe does are amazing.

sivi on form and having adequate game time (all blacks world cup problem) is better than both of them

anybody who doubts sivi, search 'sivivatu soccer try' on youtube

Sivi has a 100% strike rate so can't argue there if he keeps it up he'll be able to break many records.

Habana wins hands down, no questions asked...Ill bet this guy will win MVP 2007 world cup. If he does it puts the thread to sleep

Rokocoko has 43 tries in 48 tests and, Habana has 30 in 35. So same try-to-test match difference but I'd say Joe is more consistent. Wingers are about finishing and scoring lot's of tries, when the try is there to be scored, Joe always finishes. Habana does create a lot of stuff from nothing, but most of his tries being intercepts isn't as pleasing as seeing a winger finish off brilliant team moves in which Roko does.

Habana may be faster, but I think all round Rokocoko is better. He's much bigger and still has blistering pace, he's very hard to bring down due to his size and agility. Habana's just got the speed factor, which in reality isn't a hell of a lot different to how fast Joe is.

Rokocoko has 43 tries in 48 tests and, Habana has 30 in 35. So same try-to-test match difference but I'd say Joe is more consistent. Wingers are about finishing and scoring lot's of tries, when the try is there to be scored, Joe always finishes. Habana does create a lot of stuff from nothing, but most of his tries being intercepts isn't as pleasing as seeing a winger finish off brilliant team moves in which Roko does.

Habana may be faster, but I think all round Rokocoko is better. He's much bigger and still has blistering pace, he's very hard to bring down due to his size and agility. Habana's just got the speed factor, which in reality isn't a hell of a lot different to how fast Joe is.
[/b]

Rokocoko went nearly a year without scoring a try for the AB's. He isnt consistent. Habana can step too. He tackles like a demon. Also he can punt the ball superbly

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Rokocoko went nearly a year without scoring a try for the AB's. He isnt consistent. Habana can step too. He tackles like a demon. Also he can punt the ball superbly
[/b][/quote]

Look at where Habana's tries have come from. I bet half of them are against the lesser teams such as Samoa, Tonga and what not. Look at Rokocoko who regularly scores in excess of two tries against the Boks, Wallabies, England etc.

Habana may be able to score 4 tries against Samoa, but who other than Roko can score hat tricks against England SA and Australia?

Latest posts